Role: Manager – Teacher Education
Tata Trusts are leading and oldest philanthropic foundation in India (www.tatattrusts.org). Education portfolios of Tata Trusts focuses on addressing issues of quality and equity in education through regional and thematic interventions. Regional initiatives focus on providing access to quality education by partnering with government and community by improving teaching learning in classrooms from pre-school to high-school, mainstreaming out of school children and promoting women’s literacy. Thematic initiatives focus on addressing key sector gaps, especially (i) development and use of children’s literature; (ii) meaningful use of technology to bridge digital divide and building 21st century skills; (iii) teacher education.
Tata Trusts are looking for a Manager for leading its work on Teacher Education. Professionally quality and engaged teacher is central to realizing quality of education for all children. Teacher education has been a weak link with universalizing quality school education and hence Tata Trusts have developed a strategy to impact teacher education at a national scale.
Manager Teacher Education would be responsible for rolling out Teacher Education initiative at a national scale by operationalizing strategy developed by a group of experts which will entail setting up one nodal and 3-4 regional centres of excellence for teacher education. TEI would focus on improving the quality of pre-service and in-service teacher education with focus on select states in partnership with higher education institutions, DIETs, state governments, commissioning / undertaking research and undertaking policy advocacy.
Professional needs to have 8-10 years experience in the field of education with at least some years of specific experience on teacher education. Position would be based in Delhi or Mumbai and would entail extensive travel of two weeks per month. Candidates requires post graduate degree in education/ human development/ social sciences / rural management or allied sectors. Experience of working with multiple stakeholder and ability to carry people along, working with managing teams, handling tight deadlines and strong result orientation are required. Proficiency in English and Hindi is required.
Brief Job Description
1. Understand Trust’s strategy on teacher education. Lead operationalising Tata Trust’s Teacher Education Initiative at a national level.
2. Work closely with nodal and western regional centre leads to develop detailed operational plans. Closely engage with nodal centre for selecting suitable institutions for setting up regional centres in east / north east / south or centre.
3. Engage with national and state governments / national statutory bodies with mandate on teacher education to identify opportunities and implement
4. Manage partnerships with higher education institutions , government and other agencies including fund raising as required
5. Represent the Trust and the teacher education initiative on appropriate forums with keen understanding of Trust’s work and approach in education and teacher education
6. Visit and understand in-service teacher education work that the Trusts are undertaking and supporting in different regions and feed it into the Teacher Education Initiative
7. Develop national and international collaborations for teacher education and bring insights from larger developments in the sector to inform and shape the initiative
8. Ensure timely submission of reporting to the Trustees and senior management on key outreach, outcome and impact indicators
9. Liaison closely with colleagues handling education work in different regions and themes to ensure synergy
10. Any other responsibilities assigned from time to time
Interested candidates should shared their updated CV and covering letter explaining your interest and suitability for the position to firstname.lastname@example.org by July 15, 2017
Only shortlisted candidates would be contacted.
Anant National University, based in Ahmedabad have launched a one-year, post-graduate Fellowship which is the only fellowship in India that looks at Built Environment holistically. Several industry experts, both from India and abroad, have been involved in the design of the program to make sure it is interdisciplinary in nature and combines theory and practice so that the students are better prepared to go out and develop implementable solutions.
The faculty from institutes like Oxford, Harvard, NID, CEPT, and several eminent practitioners from the industry are coming to teach at the program.
Also, offering full funding to students accepted as Fellows for the 2017-18 cohort.
Additional information can be found at our website – fellowship.anu.edu.in.
For more details or any queries, you could reach out to Garima Aggarwal @ email@example.com
WE THE NATION: MICRO-NARRATIVES OF CHANGE
Date : 30 JUNE 2017 & 1 JULY 2017
The Godrej India Culture Lab is proud to present We the Nation: Micro-narratives of Change – a two day conference that showcases incredible organizations who are innovatively archiving, reporting and commenting on the changes taking place in contemporary Indian society. Their stories do not find space on the front pages of most national newspapers or talk time on the 9 pm news panels, nor do they fit the popular simplistic narrative about India as a global superpower on the rise.
However, the creators of these narratives are using creative communication technologies to present complex realities, and are finding new audiences and thriving.
On June 30, we will have a presentation by P Sainath, celebrated author and journalist on why it is vital to talk about rural India and the work he has been doing through People’s Archive of Rural India (PARI).
The second day will have various organisations coming together on panel discussions, talks, video showcases, exhibitions and more. These organisations include Video Volunteers, who empower marginalised people to tell their stories, Digital Desh Drive, an annual report that explores how non-metros are using the internet; Khabar Lahariya, a newspaper from Bundelkhand run by women, Sangham Radio, the first all-women community radio in Asia, Sanatkada Samajik Pehel, that trains Muslim women in photography and video making and CGNet Swara, a voice-based portal that allows anyone to report and listen to local stories that are moderated by journalists.
Faculty and students of National Law School, Bengaluru propose to organise a Conference on the problems in and the possibility of strengthening the voice of the Global South in International Relations.
The questions/ themes around which the organisers wish to discuss the topic tentatively are as follows.
- Does the Global South emulate Global North in its foreign policy choices? Does it have to?
- Are models of foreign policy analysis North-centric?
- Even if the South replicates instruments (such as trade, diplomacy etc.) of foreign policy established by the North, does it pursue its goals through these instruments differently?
- Making of a shared foreign policy of Global South. Is it possible? What are the possible challenges to the same?
- Analysing the reasons for lack of theorization on issues of Global South.
- Can there be a Global South approach to International Relations?
- Role of the academia in the articulating a theory of the Global South.
- Reconstructing the responses of the South in a North dominated World.
Structure of the Conference
Participative panel discussion to come up with a cogent theory of Global South.
Group problem solving sessions building on the experiences from the Global South to come up with sound foreign policy recommendations.
We hope for an enthusiastic response from you and eagerly await your active participation. For more details, please reach out to Simranjit Singh @firstname.lastname@example.org
Global South Conference (A Student-led initiative under the guidance of Professor Chetan B. Singai, MA & M.Phil),
National Law School of India University,Bangalore, Karnataka,India
Please feel free to write to them directly.
Bridge is a new initiative to facilitate conversations on some of the most pressing issues that women face in India by creating a common platform for some of the most brilliant minds who think on these issues. The Indian woman has come a long way but the journey has neither been easy nor equitable, and there is yet miles to go. Through dialogues about policy, politics, society and culture Bridge will generate synergies, new perspectives and momentum for the road ahead. The initiative is brought to you by The Caravan. The Caravan is published by the Delhi Press Group, one of India’s leading publishers. Started in 1939, Delhi Press today publishes 36 magazines in 10 languages. For more information see, https://thebridge.media
Job Title: Program Manager/ Associate Director
Company : The Caravan
Location : New Delhi, India
Deadline : June 30, 2017
For more details, please visit http://thebridge.media/program-manager
Job Title: Program Executive
About SoStakes Services Pvt Ltd:
SoStakes Services Pvt. Ltd. is an advisory firm based out of Bangalore. The main aim of the organization is to serve large to midsized companies to implement their corporate social responsibility (CSR) plan and social investments. We also help to facilitate program/ discussion between Corporates and NGO. For more information, please visit our website http://www.sostakes.com
An opportunity to work with a startup organization in the social enterprise space. You will work with a dynamic team on assignments that will expose you to the gamut of activities that are shaping CSR sector.
- Support in creating an enabling ecosystem for social impact by engaging a diverse set of stakeholders.
- NGO segmentation and collecting data on their projects.
- Meeting NGO’s. Interacting with them and grassroots partners. Understand their project models and key requirements.
- Preparing Report on meetings, update on projects, social impact
- Support in strengthening the CSR Business domain of the company by creating/mobilizing necessary knowledge resources
- Creating and executing operating models/frameworks for CSR
- Managing NGO project, achievement of key milestones, guiding NGO partners, building their capability, monitoring and reporting based on agreed upon framework.
Qualification and competency required: (0-3 yrs. Experience)
- A postgraduate in developmental studies with specialization in evaluation techniques.
- Exposure to fieldwork and community project experience.
- Willing to travel in remote locations of the country as per necessity.
- Candidate should have good oral and written communications
- Capable of driving all communications materials (mailers, collateral, case studies, impact stories etc.) relevant to their projects.
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office and client management databases.
- Ability to work in a collaborative, multi-disciplinary, start-up environment as part of a closely-knit team (demonstrating patience, tenacity).
- An organized self-starter, independent and self-directed.
- Detail oriented, with strong organizational, analytical and problem solving skills
- Good interpersonal skills and exhibits creativity.
- Experience of working on key projects with strict timelines.
Application Process: Please send your CV/resume and a short cover letter to email@example.com
About MFE and the Nalanda Project:
The Motivation for Excellence Foundation (MFE) is a family foundation that is centered around the following three pillars: A passion for giving back, a strong belief in values-based excellence, and a focus on developing creative solutions for education, health, and self-empowerment. The Nalanda Project is in its 4th year of operation under the education wing of MFE.
The Nalanda Project turbo-charges student learning by using affordable technology to enrich conventional teaching practices. The Nalanda Project provides low-cost tablets to classrooms and makes interactive learning content available on these tablets in a completely offline system. Nalanda both creates a more joyful learning experience for students and also allows them to take charge of their learning. Further, Nalanda enables teachers to easily track and analyse student data, which empowers them to (1) effectively implement data-driven instruction, and (2) provide differentiated resources and instruction to each and every student in the classroom. In the academic year 2017-18, Nalanda Project will server over 10,000 students across Pune, Mumbai, New Delhi and Rajasthan. We are rapidly expanding our reach and are looking for passionate, talented professionals to join our team along the way.
Visit the website to learn more about the product: https://learningequality.org/kolibri/
Visit our website to learn more about Nalanda: http://www.motivationforexcellence.org/nalanda-project
Technology Manager, Nalanda Project.
Location: Pune, Maharashtra
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Work closely with the Program Manager, Tech, and Design Teams to ensure product quality is as per specs and implementation is within the timelines.
• Manage the entire product life cycle from strategic planning to tactical activities
• Write detailed specifications, use cases and flows for use in development, training and testing
• Coordinate closely with internal and external stakeholders for closure and sign off on requirements documents and ensure product features meet the requirement. • Take ownership of the product to drive and manage requirements discussions independently with various stakeholders
• Continuously improve the product development process, incorporating lessons learned and best practices
• Create, manage and maintain a robust technology professional development program.
• Work with curriculum leaders of specific content areas to ensure integration of technology in individual curriculum areas/specific content areas.
• Provide recommendations for teacher / staff development relative to technology integration and use of classroom technology tools and applications.
• Facilitate work of an advisory committee to make recommendations on hardware, software/application purchases.
• Research innovative technology resources to enhance teaching and learning.
• Maintain an active awareness of emerging information, trends, and applications for technology and learning.
• Work closely with internal team to develop innovative technology solutions to best facilitate student learning.
• Support internal team in creating and coordinating technology-based projects that enhance student learning.
• BCA/MCA/BTech/BE or equivalent.
• 2-5 years of work experience.
• Minimum 2 years of Software development or Product Management experience.
• Minimum 2 years of experience within an educational setting.
Knowledge/Skills and Abilities:
• Ability to work with multiple stakeholders (teachers, students, program mangers and software developers)
• Ability to relate to students with diverse backgrounds and needs
• Ability to relate to teachers with diverse experiences with technology integration.
• Strong background in integrating technology in the classroom to improve instruction.
• Excellent written and oral communication.
• Ability to multi-task, prioritize work activities, and meet deadlines.
• Must be highly organized.
• Have a strong work ethic, high level of integrity and accountability.
• Have strong critical thinking skills.
Content Development Manager
• Manage the end-to-end content development process:
o Analyze user needs, identifying existing barriers and new opportunities
o Research and identify content to enable Nalanda’s rapid expansion of curricular offerings to cover 2-10th standard Math, English, Hindi, Marathi, Kannada, and Science
o Partner with best-in-field content providers to make their content available on Nalanda’s tech platform
o Craft meaningful learning paths for students based on available content, national and state boards, and global best practices
o Build expertise around national and state curricula, and map content to these curricula
o Collect, synthesize and respond to feedback from students, teachers, school leaders and partners
• Research blended learning methodologies and effective digital learning tools, and integrate findings into the Nalanda model and teacher training program
• Manage the content team to ensure high-quality, efficient work, and create a collaborative, professional culture
• Actively participate in the Nalanda leadership team, and continuously collaborate with the software and operations teams
• Troubleshoot and quickly address new or changing user needs
• Be accountable for reaching rigorous goals and deadlines
• Continue to develop the content vision and roadmap for Nalanda
Ideal candidates will have:
• Minimum of 4 years of teaching and/or curriculum development experience
• Minimum of 2 years in a management role
• Bachelor’s degree in a related field
• Strong understanding of curriculum development, Indian primary/secondary school curricula, and common student breakdowns in learning
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Ability to work independently as well as collaborate with several teams across different time zones
• Meticulous attention to detail
• Capacity for troubleshooting and proactive problem solving
• Exceptional time management skills and ability to meet rigorous deadlines
• Excited about joining a start-up
• Thrives in an ambiguous work environment
• Grounded in a growth mind-set, open to feedback, and able to keep up with changing needs
• A passion for technology and its potential to expedite educational equity
• Solid digital proficiency and a knack for quickly learning new tools
• Languages: Full professional proficiency in English required, and additional proficiency in Hindi, Marathi, or Kannada strongly preferred
• Based in Pune, Maharashtra
Remuneration will be competitive with Indian philanthropy pay scales and will depend upon the candidate’s experience levels.
Interested candidates may send their resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
About the Fellowship
To provide enthusiasts, students and scholars an opportunity to engage with cultural heritage and follow their pursuit of the knowledge systems of India, Sahapedia is pleased to announce its Fellowship programme.
“Saha”, Sanskrit for “together with”, is an invitation to explore together the richness of our cultural landscapes. The Sahapedia – UNESCO Fellowship programme is an extension of this invitation to engage with the rich and diverse range of arts, heritages and cultures of India.
UNESCO’s Convention for the Safeguarding of the Intangible Cultural Heritage 2003 (referred to as UNESCO 2003 Convention hereafter), refers to “importance of the intangible cultural heritage as a mainspring of cultural diversity and a guarantee of sustainable development.” The Sahapedia – UNESCO Fellowships are a part of the efforts to raise — at local, national, and international levels — awareness of the importance of intangible heritage, and accessibility of the same to communities, groups and individuals. The content documented and curated as a part of this fellowship programme is expected to fulfill, in part, the aims and objectives of the UNESCO 2003 Convention.
Through this initiative, Fellows will be encouraged to carry out documentation and critical research in diverse areas of cultural knowledge, while interacting with and enhancing networks that contribute to the creation of the same. This research of the Fellows will be published on the Sahapedia web portal, contributing to the online resource.
The Fellowship programme offers two variants currently – the Sahapedia Project Fellowship and the Sahapedia Research Fellowship. This gives the applicant the option of participating either at the level of primary documentation or of the content curation process.
Fore more details, visit https://www.sahapedia.org/sahapedia-unesco-fellowships-2017
Applications close on 15th July 2017
Role : Academic Incharge
Location : Mohgaon, Mandla
- Able to work with teachers closely to guide them with academics,
- Sit in on classes to observe and provide feedback to teachers
- Establish formats and processes to monitor teachers
- Teach a few classes, if required
- Plan for introduction of new classes
- Introduce new practices with respect to pedagogy
- Document each process for internal and social media purposes
- Any other with respect to academics as assigned by management.
We are ideally looking for a person who has experience of working inside the school system and understands teachers’ challenges. Experience of 2-3 years is sufficient. Strong academics especially in Math/Sciences is a must.
Those interested, please send a copy of CV to email@example.com along with a write up on why this role interests you and how you would make a difference.