Role: Manager – Teacher Education
Tata Trusts are leading and oldest philanthropic foundation in India (www.tatattrusts.org). Education portfolios of Tata Trusts focuses on addressing issues of quality and equity in education through regional and thematic interventions. Regional initiatives focus on providing access to quality education by partnering with government and community by improving teaching learning in classrooms from pre-school to high-school, mainstreaming out of school children and promoting women’s literacy. Thematic initiatives focus on addressing key sector gaps, especially (i) development and use of children’s literature; (ii) meaningful use of technology to bridge digital divide and building 21st century skills; (iii) teacher education.
Tata Trusts are looking for a Manager for leading its work on Teacher Education. Professionally quality and engaged teacher is central to realizing quality of education for all children. Teacher education has been a weak link with universalizing quality school education and hence Tata Trusts have developed a strategy to impact teacher education at a national scale.
Manager Teacher Education would be responsible for rolling out Teacher Education initiative at a national scale by operationalizing strategy developed by a group of experts which will entail setting up one nodal and 3-4 regional centres of excellence for teacher education. TEI would focus on improving the quality of pre-service and in-service teacher education with focus on select states in partnership with higher education institutions, DIETs, state governments, commissioning / undertaking research and undertaking policy advocacy.
Professional needs to have 8-10 years experience in the field of education with at least some years of specific experience on teacher education. Position would be based in Delhi or Mumbai and would entail extensive travel of two weeks per month. Candidates requires post graduate degree in education/ human development/ social sciences / rural management or allied sectors. Experience of working with multiple stakeholder and ability to carry people along, working with managing teams, handling tight deadlines and strong result orientation are required. Proficiency in English and Hindi is required.
Brief Job Description
1. Understand Trust’s strategy on teacher education. Lead operationalising Tata Trust’s Teacher Education Initiative at a national level.
2. Work closely with nodal and western regional centre leads to develop detailed operational plans. Closely engage with nodal centre for selecting suitable institutions for setting up regional centres in east / north east / south or centre.
3. Engage with national and state governments / national statutory bodies with mandate on teacher education to identify opportunities and implement
4. Manage partnerships with higher education institutions , government and other agencies including fund raising as required
5. Represent the Trust and the teacher education initiative on appropriate forums with keen understanding of Trust’s work and approach in education and teacher education
6. Visit and understand in-service teacher education work that the Trusts are undertaking and supporting in different regions and feed it into the Teacher Education Initiative
7. Develop national and international collaborations for teacher education and bring insights from larger developments in the sector to inform and shape the initiative
8. Ensure timely submission of reporting to the Trustees and senior management on key outreach, outcome and impact indicators
9. Liaison closely with colleagues handling education work in different regions and themes to ensure synergy
10. Any other responsibilities assigned from time to time
Interested candidates should shared their updated CV and covering letter explaining your interest and suitability for the position to email@example.com by July 15, 2017
Only shortlisted candidates would be contacted.
Leave a Reply