Home » Posts tagged 'Bangalore'
Tag Archives: Bangalore
There’s an interesting position at Curiositi ( http://www.curiositi.in ) in Bangalore for a Curriculum Lead role.
This role is strategic and challenging as it will give the individual an opportunity to engage at the field level and also partner with Academic and other institutes at different stages of the product definition, development and roll out.
|* Title of Position||Lead – Curriculum Design|
|* Organization Name||Curiositi Learning Solutions Pvt Ltd|
|*Company Profile (Industry, Size, Products/Services, Standing in India/World etc.)||Curiositi Learning Solutions is a fast-growing startup that is disrupting Education in India. Founded and managed by IIM and XLRI alumnus with years of experience across several countries, the company offers ground-breaking educational products that help Schools transform their Science and Maths curriculum. Curiositi is Venture Capital Funded. Visit http://www.curiositi.in to learn more.|
|*Education||Graduation or Post Graduate, preferably in fields related to Education|
|Job Description / Responsibilities||· Will lead the curriculum design of our products and services, to ensure that these products are truly delivering on their promise of high quality impact in learning outcomes.
· Will involve spending significant time at our customer schools, observing our products in use and engaging with stakeholders to gather feedback and inputs.
· Synthesize this feedback into actionable changes in how our products are designed and delivered.
· Take ownership for designing a mechanism to measure learning outcomes and to then ensure that our products are delivering improved outcomes to our customer schools.
· Lead the process of mapping state and central board syllabus for Maths and Science and ensure that our products are fully compatible to all these school boards.
· Create awareness of our products and demonstrate thought leadership by delivering talks in seminars and events, and by designing and conducting our own seminars for our schools.
· Research and propose product extensions and new products that will deliver transformational impact on learning for our target customer audience.
|Desired profile of the candidate||o Experience teaching Maths / Science and developing Lesson plans / curriculum design across grades.
o Comfortable with use of Technology in Education.
o Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
o Demonstrated use of innovative teaching/learning methods.
|*Desired work experience||· Experience in Curriculum design, Creation of Lesson Plans, Education Management.
· At least 3 years of classroom teaching experience in Stds 1-10 is desirable.
|Functional Area||Curriculum Design|
|*Location of posting||
Interested alumni can apply to email@example.com and copy firstname.lastname@example.org
A pdf of your resume and a single paragraph note on how you can contribute to Curiositi will help.
|Position Title: Field Coordinator||Project: Improving anganwadis in Bangalore Urban|
|Reports to: Project Coordinator||Place : Bangalore Urban|
Summary of Position:
The current role will be responsible for coordination and implementation of all the activities in the Anganwadi. The role will require the execution of multiple activities like empowerment of angawadi teachers, strengthening the capacities of the representatives of the anganwadi level parents organisations, observation of anganwadis centres etc. It will also require undertaking teacher training. The role will have multiple interface with stakeholders related to NGOs, community members, elected representatives, Volunteers and Government Officials.
About the Project:
About 50 Government anganwadis of Bangalore Urban will be developed to ensure quality pre school education and health for all children. The project duration is expected to be around 1-3 years.
- Teacher training
- Onsite support for anganwadi through visits and interaction with teachers and children
- Strengthening the Bal Vikas Samithis of the Centres
- Ensuring implementation of activities planned for the development of the Centres
- Conducting workshops and orientation for the parents of the children belonging to the Centres
- Working with the supervisors of the Department.
- Documentation of processes
Required Qualification& Experience:
Any Graduate or PG with a background in ECCE/education. Freshers may also apply.
- Communication skills – Kannada is compulsory (both spoken and written) with some knowledge of English as well.
- Ability to travel widely in the field
- Ability to communicate with different stakeholders like community women, government officials, teachers, community leaders, elected representatives
- Ability to learn and find solutions for problems on a continuous and consistent basis.
- Knowledge of MS Office
Salary: Fresher/ experienced person – 15000/month to 20000/month
Write to: email@example.com
The launch of Bangalore Alumni Chapter – 20th Feb, 2016
2013 – 15: Anul Jain, John Anugraha, Shubhrata Das
2012 – 14: Harshita Das, Pranay Manjari Samal, Shahin Marjan Nanaje, Shahzeb, Kavitha
2011 – 13: Avinash Kumar, Felix Varghese, Josephdeyone Jacobi, Krunal Desai, Pankaj Nautiyal, Sandesh Kotte, Siddharth Lodha and Supriya Menon
Students from 2014 – 16 and 2015 – 17 were also present.
University members: Jayashree, Padma, Rajagopal and Chandrika
The Alumni of Azim Premji University got together on 20th Feb 2016 at the University to launch the Bangalore City Chapter of the APU Alumni Association. This is the culmination of two years of work to reconnect our esteemed alumni with the University.
People working in the social sector tend to underplay the importance of their work, and are very humble about their achievements. But it is their responsibility to share their life stories and experiences, which would inspire others to get started on the developmental journey. With this objective, the alumni gathered at the first meeting and shared their post-university journeys with the current batches, and answered questions like –
- How do we get in touch with Alumni to get contacts of organisations during placements?
- How do you deal with ideological differences at your workplace?
- What is the scope of start-ups in the social field, and when is it a good time for a student to start-up his own social venture?
- Will an internship at the organisation help before joining full-time?
- What do current students expect from Alumni?
The website of the alumni association was launched, which will be a one-stop platform for all alumni to update their current profiles, and connect with other friends working in the sector. The website will also carry alumni work, event updates, and new developments in the social sector.
The foremost goal of the association will be to provide inputs to the University Placement Cell in order to facilitate more internships and placements, and mentoring students to discover their interests, and assess their capabilities.
The first city chapter in Bangalore is only a small step. We encourage alumni from other cities to join hands to set up city chapters there. We will soon be introducing fundraising to run these chapters. We want the professional network of our university to be wide and strong, so that when we are in need, our friends are there indeed!