Home » Posts tagged 'Teacher'
Tag Archives: Teacher
Position: Teachers for Grade 6 and 7 (for Math/English/SST/Science)
The SIFF Scholars program is a Scholarship cum Mentorship program that aims at addressing the achievement gap that persists for children from low income homes in Bangalore. The program encompasses a financial support plan while mentoring motivated students to grow into confident, sensitive and responsible adults. Started in the year 2016, we added 19 incredibly talented children into our first batch of SIFF Scholars. Most of the scholars will be first generation college goers. This, we believe could have the potential to not only transform the lives of these children but create a ripple effect to positively impact their families and the larger community.
The scholarship is offered to 15-20 children each year. The selection into the program is done through a multi step screening process that assesses both scholastic and non-scholastic abilities of the child along with the socio economic conditions of the family. The children enter the program at Grade level 6 and are supported throughout schooling all the way till they graduate from college and embark on the careers of their choice. As a program, we aim to deliver a holistic intervention to each child based on his/her needs and interests. This includes an in school and after school support that is designed to not only offer a first rate education but also help every child unleash their creative potential.
We are a young organisation with an entrepreneurial culture. Our team requires a diverse group of passionate, self-driven, caring individuals who would like to contribute to this mission.
About the role
We believe that Teachers are the pillars of an effective education system. The Teacher’s role at SIFF, provides an incredible opportunity to redefine effective teaching and learning processes and work on all aspects of the child’s education and development. It is an opportunity to continuously hone your teaching skills while leading a classroom of incredibly talented 6th-graders and 7th graders to outstanding outcomes.Teachers will work closely with the Head of the organization and the core team.
Role and Responsibilities
- Classroom Teaching and Managing – managing teaching and learning processes in a classroom – designing and facilitating systems and structures to run an effective and efficient classroom – setting up a culture in the classroom where all students feel motivated to learn, have fun while learning and feel safe at all times, a place where studnts want to come.
- Curriculum Design and Facilitation – designing the plans that they will facilitate in the classroom on a yearly, monthly and daily basis
- Engaging with the school community (as per project needs) – working closely with the community and empowering them to take ownership of student learning. Keeping an open channel of communication with the community in order to strengthen our work
- Impact Evaluation – designing assessment tools and tracking student learning data – analysing data and taking necessary steps to accelerate learning – administering third party assessments to understand our impact
Knowledge, Skills and Mindsets
- Passion for teaching and undying belief in all children
- Basic understanding of teaching elements like lesson planning, unit planning
- Evidence of strong student learning outcomes in your teaching experience.
- Fluency in English (working knowledge of Hindi/Kannada is a plus)
- Previous experience of teaching the subject at the secondary level.
- Knowledge of child psychology and holistic education.
- Strong communication skills
Location: Varthur, Bangalore (Our program runs out of a dedicated facility housed in a school in Varthur, Whitefield)
Compensation: As per experience.
To Apply: Email email@example.com with a CV or resume and cover letter detailing your experience and interest in the position as soon as possible.
Why work with us?
We believe that the role of education is to ignite a fire in every child and teachers are the sparks who do that.
Through our project on the ground, our team will work with high potential students to mentor and develop them into well rounded, considerate and responsible adults. This will go towards building student leadership manifested in their classrooms, schools and communities. In the long term, we aim to build an ecosystem that identifies and nurtures students who can develop into strong individuals/change makers within their communities and beyond.
We are a committed and a passionate closely-knit team. The last one year has provided us with a bedrock of ideas, mistakes, learning and hypothesis. We have used this learning to now devise a path forward for ourselves and our kids. We believe we are at the cusp of an exciting time now where we can support our children and each other on the team to realise our potential.
The mission of Jhamtse Gatsal Children’s Community is to provide a loving home and quality education to local at-risk children who are first generation learners. The Community is founded on the principles of love and compassion as well as mindful and sustainable living whereby we try to live simple lives in tune with local practices. We grow some of our own food organically and harness solar energy to power some of our buildings. Our goal is to become energy independent in the next five to seven years using solar and wind energy. Currently, the Community has 89 children who are studying in Classes PreK to 12. The Community is located in the remote foothills of the Himalayas in the Tawang District of Arunachal Pradesh near the Bhutan and Tibet borders.
To learn more about the Community and our work, please visit our website @ jhamtsegatsal.org and our Facebook page @Jhamtse Gatsal.
Roles and Responsibilities
The roles and responsibilities would include:
• Classroom instruction of subject matter
• Real-life application of academic material through active participation in the Community’s
experiential education initiatives
• Development of K-8 curriculum which balances academic and experiential education
• Participation in all community-level activities with heart
• Being a model adult for children
• A conscious and mindful effort to live simply and happily with limited urban amenities
• A desire to connect with people from different cultural backgrounds
• Manage stress levels due to a flexible and dynamic work environment
• Good written and oral communication as well as interpersonal skills
Skills and Qualifications
We seek innovative and skilled teachers with:
• A heart and passion for teaching
• Strong subject knowledge and a sound understanding of the CBSE curriculum for all classes
• An ability to individualize instruction to meet each student’s needs
• Motivation to encourage and inspire students to love learning and excel in academic and real life skills
• A keen interest in using ICT tools to support their teaching
• Experience teaching secondary and higher secondary classes strongly preferred for high school
• A Bachelors or Masters degree in area of expertise and a B.Ed degree preferred
• An interest in sports and extracurricular activities
• A desire to serve those who are less fortunate and to raise children mindfully and responsibly
• Sound physical and mental health
Subjects: Chemistry, high school (1), Physics, high school (1) General Sciences, middle school (1)
Compensation Package Negotiable based on experience and commitment
Application Process Interested candidates are requested to send in a copy of their resume and cover letter to Vasudha Wanchoo, Managing Director, Jhamtse Gatsal Children’s Community, Lumla at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For enquiries, please write at the email address above or call at +91 9402201964.
Gram Vikas (www.gramvikas.org) is an NGO based in Odisha with an experience of 40 years of working with tribal communities of Odisha to address their critical needs of education, health, safe drinking water, sanitation, livelihoods and alternative energy in a manner that is sustainable, socially inclusive, gender equitable and empowering.
Gram Vikas is focused on providing quality education for the tribal children. In this regard, it has established four residential schools in different districts of Odisha, namely Ganjam, Gajapati and Kalahandi. Two of these schools are in Ganjam district. Three of the schools are within forest reserves and more than 90% of the students in all the schools are from tribal communities. There is a requirement for B.Ed. teachers in all the four schools for English, Science and Maths. Knowledge of Oriya language is an added advantage though not mandatory.
For more information please mail at email@example.com
Third Teacher Sharing Session@ Riad Foundation is round the corner. Inviting you all to come and be part of the talks and discussions.
Date: 6th November, 2016 (Sunday)
Time: 10:30 am to 1:00 pm
Venue: Early Years Montessori House of Children, 851, 16th Main, 3rd Block Koramangala, Bengaluru, Karnataka 560034
Teacher Sharing Session III – Speakers
Tanushree GB – Co-founder & Educator – Shibhumi
Exploring a Learning Space
The talk will explore the current learning space for the mixed age group of children between ages 6 to 10 at Shibumi. The speaker shall be drawing from actual examples of the bursts of creativity that she witnesses in the space.
Vinayak Varma – Writer, Editor, Designer and Artist – The Mixtape Creative Studio
The talk will explore how to freely adapt to any creative challenge with the use of design thinking and the simple art of storytelling.
We request you to send us an email or SMS confirming your presence. As there are limited seats we will book your seats on a first come first serve basis.
AboutTeacher Sharing Session @ Riad Foundation
The Teacher Sharing Session is an informal gathering of teachers, parents and educators and the event is usually conducted on the first Sunday of every alternate month. These sessions provide a platform to those who have been trying out an idea in the educational space, whether in the classroom, teaching community or even spaces outside the educational institutions to come forth and speak on the same. Through such sharings the speakers get a chance to present what has worked, what has not, what are the challenges and many more interesting insights. Also, it gives the audience an opportunity to question these creative ideas and have a dialogue on the same.
While the Riad Foundation sources most of the speakers for these events, we also keep the opportunity open for those who want to speak by proving them an online process of sharing an abstract on what they would like to talk about.