Home » Posts tagged 'Education'
Tag Archives: Education
What we do? (www.varthana.com)
Varthana is the brand name of Thirumeni Finance Private Limited, an exciting Bangalore based non-banking finance company (NBFC) focused on the education sector.
The company provides loans and support to private schools serving the low income population to improve the school quality, infrastructure and learning outcomes. With 200 million school-going students, India has one of the largest education markets. With 40% of enrolled children preferring private schools over government schools, and only 25% of schools being private schools, there is a growing gap that needs to be addressed. Access to capital is one of the most important requirements of school owners for address in this gap.
Money is needed to build additional classrooms, purchase benches, computers, to set up labs and library, etc. Unfortunately, most private schools find it very difficult to raise money from formal sources. Varthana aims to fill this gap. Varthana’s vision is to transform the affordable education landscape in India. To achieve this, Varthana will need to help provide more than basic financing to schools. We have also initiated a “Beyond Loans” effort through which we help connect schools with solution providers who have innovative and cost effective solutions that address schools’ major needs. As a part of the Beyond Loans initiative, Varthana has initiated a program called the School Transformation Program (STP) in order to better understand which interventions and approaches lead to the most dramatic improvements in school quality, and to design a strategy to deliver those interventions at scale. The program aims to comprehensively assess schools over time and link improvements in learning outcomes to tangible financial benefits for the school. The success of this program can have wide implications for all stakeholders I the education sector including the government, schools, teachers, students and parents.
After a successful pilot with 6 schools in 2014 (Bangalore), over 30 schools in 2015 (Bangalore, Pune and Nagpur) and over 160 schools in 2016 (Bangalore, Pune, Nagpur, Chennai and Bhubaneswar), Varthana has by far impacted over 320 schools in 2017 through its School Transformation Program.
What does an Education Specialist – School Transformation Program do?
- Enroll Varthana loan client schools in the School Transformation Program
- Work with our Assessment Partner to conduct a baseline assessment in schools
- Review assessment results with the school leadership and work together on a path to excellence – build a vision and plan to ensure demonstrable improvements in quality of the school over the next 1-2 years
- Engage with schools throughout the year and provide ongoing support to the school leader through direct intervention (training, planning, etc.) or by connecting the school with solution providers that address the needs
- Conduct or facilitate events, workshops or training sessions for teachers, school leaders and students
- Identify and form partnerships with innovative Education Solution Providers, connect them to schools and monitor their impact
- Cultivate and nurture relationships with both schools and education partners.
- Over and above the mentioned responsibilities, the specialists are required to be efficient at documentations.
As an Education Specialist, you will handle a variety of responsibilities.
Here is a breakdown of the time allocation by activity for the Education Specialists:
Who we are looking for?
- We are looking for individuals who can add value to our understanding of India’s educational landscape.
- As a Varthana Education Specialist, you will be responsible for a variety of tasks that will drive and inform to be success and have greater impact; being organised and well-planned is crucial.
- The role requires interacting with a variety of individuals including fellows, school leaders, teachers, the greater beyond loans team, and solution providers.
- We require someone with very strong interpersonal and communication skills, and enjoys interacting with people.
- Travelling across locations to meet stake holders is critical.
- Being a young program, there are many challenges with STP, and much room for design and innovation, and we are looking for open-minded individuals who are driven and take initiative.
This is a full time on roll position, we have vacancy in Bengaluru. Having a two wheeler
Please reach at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information
The Centre for Budget and Policy Studies (CBPS), Bangalore is a research organisation working in the areas of policy, education, governance, and health service delivery. To know more about our organisation please visit http://www.cbps.in
We currently have 3 Research Positions at CBPS:
The Centre for Budget and Policy Studies (CBPS), Bangalore is a research organisation working in the areas of policy, education, governance, and health service delivery.
CBPS is looking for two full-time Research Assistants/ Associates with a post-graduate degree in social sciences, preferably in the areas of Education, Psychology, Sociology or Child Development. Candidates must have some familiarity with issues in the broad area of child development, must have experience with qualitative research and some knowledge of quantitative research as well. Familiarity with Hindi and/ Tamil is necessary. Applicants must be willing to spend extended periods of time (up to six months) on field. Willingness to extensively engage with critical literature on child development is desired.
The other position is also for Research Assistant/ Associate with a post-graduate degree in social sciences or economics willing to work both in qualitative and quantitative research. The candidate must have good conceptualizing skills and must be able to spot trends in the research analysis. The candidate must be well-versed and have hands on experience in STATA. The candidate will be given higher preference if he or she comes with a background in Development Economics and has a keen interest in qualitative research.
Candidates who are interested please mail your applications to email@example.com with your resume in Microsoft Word format and two sample academic research writings. The end date for submissions is 16 October 2017.
About MFE and the Nalanda Project:
The Motivation for Excellence Foundation (MFE) is a family foundation that is centered around the following three pillars: A passion for giving back, a strong belief in values-based excellence, and a focus on developing creative solutions for education, health, and self-empowerment. The Nalanda Project is in its 4th year of operation under the education wing of MFE.
The Nalanda Project turbo-charges student learning by using affordable technology to enrich conventional teaching practices. The Nalanda Project provides low-cost tablets to classrooms and makes interactive learning content available on these tablets in a completely offline system. Nalanda both creates a more joyful learning experience for students and also allows them to take charge of their learning. Further, Nalanda enables teachers to easily track and analyse student data, which empowers them to (1) effectively implement data-driven instruction, and (2) provide differentiated resources and instruction to each and every student in the classroom. In the academic year 2017-18, Nalanda Project will server over 10,000 students across Pune, Mumbai, New Delhi and Rajasthan. We are rapidly expanding our reach and are looking for passionate, talented professionals to join our team along the way.
Visit the website to learn more about the product: https://learningequality.org/kolibri/
Visit our website to learn more about Nalanda: http://www.motivationforexcellence.org/nalanda-project
Technology Manager, Nalanda Project.
Location: Pune, Maharashtra
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Work closely with the Program Manager, Tech, and Design Teams to ensure product quality is as per specs and implementation is within the timelines.
• Manage the entire product life cycle from strategic planning to tactical activities
• Write detailed specifications, use cases and flows for use in development, training and testing
• Coordinate closely with internal and external stakeholders for closure and sign off on requirements documents and ensure product features meet the requirement. • Take ownership of the product to drive and manage requirements discussions independently with various stakeholders
• Continuously improve the product development process, incorporating lessons learned and best practices
• Create, manage and maintain a robust technology professional development program.
• Work with curriculum leaders of specific content areas to ensure integration of technology in individual curriculum areas/specific content areas.
• Provide recommendations for teacher / staff development relative to technology integration and use of classroom technology tools and applications.
• Facilitate work of an advisory committee to make recommendations on hardware, software/application purchases.
• Research innovative technology resources to enhance teaching and learning.
• Maintain an active awareness of emerging information, trends, and applications for technology and learning.
• Work closely with internal team to develop innovative technology solutions to best facilitate student learning.
• Support internal team in creating and coordinating technology-based projects that enhance student learning.
• BCA/MCA/BTech/BE or equivalent.
• 2-5 years of work experience.
• Minimum 2 years of Software development or Product Management experience.
• Minimum 2 years of experience within an educational setting.
Knowledge/Skills and Abilities:
• Ability to work with multiple stakeholders (teachers, students, program mangers and software developers)
• Ability to relate to students with diverse backgrounds and needs
• Ability to relate to teachers with diverse experiences with technology integration.
• Strong background in integrating technology in the classroom to improve instruction.
• Excellent written and oral communication.
• Ability to multi-task, prioritize work activities, and meet deadlines.
• Must be highly organized.
• Have a strong work ethic, high level of integrity and accountability.
• Have strong critical thinking skills.
Content Development Manager
• Manage the end-to-end content development process:
o Analyze user needs, identifying existing barriers and new opportunities
o Research and identify content to enable Nalanda’s rapid expansion of curricular offerings to cover 2-10th standard Math, English, Hindi, Marathi, Kannada, and Science
o Partner with best-in-field content providers to make their content available on Nalanda’s tech platform
o Craft meaningful learning paths for students based on available content, national and state boards, and global best practices
o Build expertise around national and state curricula, and map content to these curricula
o Collect, synthesize and respond to feedback from students, teachers, school leaders and partners
• Research blended learning methodologies and effective digital learning tools, and integrate findings into the Nalanda model and teacher training program
• Manage the content team to ensure high-quality, efficient work, and create a collaborative, professional culture
• Actively participate in the Nalanda leadership team, and continuously collaborate with the software and operations teams
• Troubleshoot and quickly address new or changing user needs
• Be accountable for reaching rigorous goals and deadlines
• Continue to develop the content vision and roadmap for Nalanda
Ideal candidates will have:
• Minimum of 4 years of teaching and/or curriculum development experience
• Minimum of 2 years in a management role
• Bachelor’s degree in a related field
• Strong understanding of curriculum development, Indian primary/secondary school curricula, and common student breakdowns in learning
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Ability to work independently as well as collaborate with several teams across different time zones
• Meticulous attention to detail
• Capacity for troubleshooting and proactive problem solving
• Exceptional time management skills and ability to meet rigorous deadlines
• Excited about joining a start-up
• Thrives in an ambiguous work environment
• Grounded in a growth mind-set, open to feedback, and able to keep up with changing needs
• A passion for technology and its potential to expedite educational equity
• Solid digital proficiency and a knack for quickly learning new tools
• Languages: Full professional proficiency in English required, and additional proficiency in Hindi, Marathi, or Kannada strongly preferred
• Based in Pune, Maharashtra
Remuneration will be competitive with Indian philanthropy pay scales and will depend upon the candidate’s experience levels.
Interested candidates may send their resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Scholastic, one of the most renowned publishing houses for children’s books,
is looking for editors for its International Education division.
Locations: Pune and Gurgaon
Positions are open for mathematics and English editors. Candidates should be passionate about learning, having a strong interest in education and a keen eye for detail. They should have excellent command over written and spoken English. Candidates shall be responsible for quality and timely delivery of projects from manuscript to final delivery of product.
Minimum qualifications: postgraduate/graduate in any discipline
Work experience: 0-10 years’ experience.
Teaching and editorial experience will be an added advantage
Please send updated resumes to email@example.com
There are several positions open.
Scholastic – World’s largest publisher and distributor of Children’s books – is expanding and looking for motivated individuals for following positions. If you think you fit the bill, send in your resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Educational Consultants
- Resource Associates – Maths & English
- Editor (Education Books – Maths)
Learning Links Foundation (LLF) is a Not-for-Profit Trust, established in 2002, with a vision to foster a future where education is optimally delivered, and learning is truly inspired. A leading provider of consulting and management services, it has been working across India and the Asia region for improving learning levels, promoting Innovation, fostering 21st-century skills and enabling systemic changes in the education ecosystem. The Foundation works with partners to build capacity, capability, and leadership at every level of the education value chain.
Learning Links Foundation works with education stakeholders, leaders and policy makers to improve education systems, enhance curricula, reform assessment and leverage technology solutions to enhance the teaching-learning process. The Foundation disseminates innovative ideas about learning and provides comprehensive solutions for some of the most difficult challenges in education.
The Foundation offers professionals the opportunity to have an impact on society while working in an intellectually stimulating, professionally managed environment. We value the development of our employees and actively promote diversity of work and cross-project experience.
We are in a growth phase that is full of potential for us and the communities we serve. In our path to advancement, we are looking for people who have a passion for improving the quality of life of individuals. There is an opportunity for high-performing professionals to help us ramp with regards to scale, performance, and impact.
We are looking for a knowledgeable and experienced as Senior Consultant. The primary role will require you to identify opportunities for new business and expand the donor base of LLF .
Reporting to – The Senior Consultant reports to the Partner .
Major responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Liaising with government agencies , Non Government Organizations (NGO),and multilateral and brilateral organizations to exchange information on education , sector policies and issues
- Build relationships with government stakeholders so as to create visibility and reputations of LLF .
- Building Processes and managing operations of LLF programs in South Region
Qualifications & Experience
- Degree in Management (Management Degree in Education or Social Sector) or related field desired
- Minimum 3-5 years of work experience in education sector (education or NGO field preferred)
- Exceptional writing skills and analytical ability
- Excellent organizational skills, able to multi-task and set priorities, and comfortable with asking for help or reconsideration of priorities
- Detail-oriented, accurate, organized, analytical, flexible and able to meet deadlines
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to communicate effectively internally and externally, with peer and executive levels
- Ability to work and cooperate on all levels as a team member
- Flexible and able to work effectively under pressure and deadlines
- Technology savvy and strong problem-solving skills
- Personal flexibility for after-hours meetings and deadline demands
- Ability to work independently with little or no supervision.
- Derive energy from facing challenges and provide actionable solutions.
- Knowledge of 2 south Indian languages ( Kannada and Tamil )
Write to Divya Babbar – email@example.com
NSRCEL has been a centre of entrepreneurial excellence at IIM Bangalore incubating, supporting and seeding commercial ventures since 2002. We have touched over 15000 entrepreneurs over the years, actively incubating 67 ventures that have created over 4500 jobs and cumulatively stand at a billion dollar valuation in 2016.
‘NSRCEL Social’ plans to leverage our experience to incubate successful not-for-profit social impact ventures in collaboration with Michael & Susan Dell Foundation. The Incubator is being shaped by an advisory committee comprising of established non-profit and business leaders, and esteemed faculty of IIM Bangalore.
The Social Incubator aims to address the lack of an effective support system for early stage non-profit organisations in areas of funding, legal advisory services and operations. It will nurture select early-stage organizations over the next two years, helping them become world-class non-profits that deliver impact with the help of growing pool of philanthropic and CSR funds invested in them.
We look forward to meeting our first batch of changemakers.
Are you one of them?
If you are a registered Not-For-Profit Organization working on solving a problem that affects Urban India in the areas of Education, Livelihood, Health and Financial Inclusion, we would love to hear from you. You are welcome to reach out to us with your ideas as well on NSRCEL@iimb.ernet.in
Applications are open till 31st January and we look forward to meeting you!
(Application Link : https://goo.gl/forms/WShPD0rZQftWS5qj1)
(Website Link : http://nsrcel.org/nsrcelsocial/)
- set up an open-access, multimodal, collaborative, international archive of schoolbooks and artefacts related to school education
- facilitate its effective usage by a diverse set of users such as school teachers, schoolbook writers, curriculum developers, illustrators, editors, printers, publishers, historians and education-researchers
The Fellow would primarily be based in Bangalore. Those interested may write to firstname.lastname@example.org to apply.
It is with great pleasure that Swaniti Initiative in partnership with Tata Trusts and Constitution Club of India would like to introduce the Supporting Parliamentarians on Analysis and Research in Constituency (SPARC) Program to you. SPARC is a one year program where an Associate will be placed with a Member of Parliament to catalyze development in his/ her constituency and provide critical research and ground level developmental support. Some MPs who are part of the SPARC Program include Mr. Rajiv Pratap Rudy, Mr. Dinesh Trivedi, Mr. Anurag Thakur, Mr. Kalikesh Narayan Singh Deo, Mr. Gaurav Gogoi and Dr. Heena Gavit, among others. (more…)