An exciting way to explore : Large-scale survey to assess the status of Great Indian Bustard, associated wildlife and habitat in
Wildlife Institute of India and Rajasthan Forest Department have been conducting large-scale survey to assess the status of Great Indian Bustard, associated wildlife and habitat in Thar.
The protocol for this survey has been developed and executed over the last three years
The survey involves mammoth effort by volunteers and front-line staff to systematically sample ~20,000 sqkm landscape within seven days following Occupancy and Distance sampling designs. This year the exercise will be repeated during March 17 to 25, 2017 under the supervision of Dr. Y. V. Jhala, Dr. G. S. Bhardwaj, Mr. Anoop K.R. and Ms. Sutirtha Dutta.
We are inviting trained field biologists to volunteer for this exercise. If you intend to join, please respond to this mail within a week with a paragraph on your field experience, marking a copy to email@example.com and Bipin C.M. (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Volunteers have to reach Jaisalmer before March 17, 9:00 am (the training day) and can return after March 26, 9:00 am. Your field travel, accommodation and food costs during this survey will be supported by us. Additionally, you will be able to visit the amazing landscapes of Jaisalmer,Jodhpur and Barmer, and can contribute to the conservation of a critically endangered species and a neglected ecosystem.
Position title: Manager, Research
Location: Delhi/Pune/Lucknow, with extensive travel to field sites
Reporting to: Head of Programs, CLR
About Centre for Learning Resources (CLR)
CLR is a non-profit, non-government organisation (NGO), based in Pune. Since 1984, we have been working in the fields of Early Childhood Care and Development (ECCD), Early Childhood Care and Education (ECCE) and Elementary Education in Maharashtra and other states in India.
One of our main goals is to improve the quality of early childhood care and education experienced by the very young children in the rural and urban areas of our country. Towards this, we work as a programme design, academic resource and capacity building agency to government agencies such as ICDS and the Health Department, who are involved in the care, development and education of these children.
This position is intended to support our pilot research and development projects as well as our large-scale systemic capacity building projects in UP and Chhattisgarh which aim to improve the quality of ECCE and ECCD within ICDS and Health Departments respectively.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
The Manager, Research will have the following roles and responsibilities:
- Design and implement Baseline, Endline, and Formative assessments
- Work closely with program and training teams to design and iteratively refine products and processes to strengthen home and centre based care practises
- Develop reliable and valid instruments to measure child level (integrated child development), setting level (homes, anganwadi centres), and process level (training, coaching) outcomes
- Train investigators to reliability on instruments
- Data analysis to assess impact as well as inform iterative refinement and continuous quality improvement
- Report writing
- Support program design with literature reviews
- Background in child development or psychology
- Basic understanding of research methods and data analysis techniques in child development intervention
- Willingness to travel extensively to field sites
- Good fluency in spoken Hindi
- Good command over written English
Gross remuneration will be commensurate with experience
If interested, please write to email@example.com
The Centre for Child and the Law, NLSIU
In Collaboration with
Karnataka State Primary School Teachers Association, Bengaluru
is organizing a Public Lecture on
RIGHT OF CHILDREN TO FREE AND COMPULSORY EDUCATION ACT, 2009: SCOPE AND IMPLEMENTATION
Prof. Muchkund Dubey
MA in Economics, D.Litt-Honoris Causa
Professor of Economics, President – Centre for Social Development,
Former Indian Foreign Secretary,GoI
Mr. Ambarish Rai
National RTE Forum
Mr. V. M. Narayanaswamy
Dr. Niranjanaradhya. V. P.
Fellow and Programme Head – Education Team
Venue: Karnataka State Primary School Teachers Association Office,Mitabhai Patel Government Higher Primary School, 5th Main, 4th Cross, Gandhi Nagar, Bengaluru (Near Moti Mahal Hotel)
Date: 01st March 2017, Wednesday Time: 10.30 AM to 12.30 PM
A line of confirmation from your end will help us to organise the logistics
Krithika.B.S. – 9902298372 (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Kumaraswamy – 9739317627 (email@example.com)
Northeast centre for Equity Action on Integrated Development (NEAID) is a registered non-profit organization based in Guwahati working in Northeast India with focus on Health and Education. NEAID invites applications for its Whole School Transformation Programme Called “Akikaran”. Akikaran envisions revolutionizing schools in the Northeast so that every child has access to a joyful and value driven quality education.
SCHOOL TRANSFORMATION AND EMPOWERMENT CONSULTANT
Roles and Responsibilities
- Own the implementation of Akikaran intervention schools.
- Design, develop and implement engagement plan in consultation with Advisor/ Project Head.
- Stakeholder relationship management (teachers, government, community, children)
- Documentation and reporting of progress, outcomes, gaps, best practices, on ground case studies in consultation with advisor and team.
- Supporting and facilitating school culture
- Prepare interventions and controlled trials based on data collected and analyzed
Education and other qualifications
- Minimum education qualification – Graduate from a reputed institute
- A degree in education will be preferred
- Experience in classroom teaching or any other relevant experience in government relations/set-ups , school leadership, teacher development, community engagement, child engagement will attract higher remunerations and benefits
Desired Competencies and skills:
- Creative with working with children. Managing teaching and learning process of children
- Passionate about working with children and in school education
- Believer in the power of small change
- Patience, perseverance and humility to work in rural areas
- Willing to adapt to different cultures and eco- system
- Willingness to learn and have to attend workshops
- Effective project management and time management skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English
- Proficiency in Assamese will be an added advantage
- Proficient with Microsoft Office tools
- Strict adherence to timeline is necessary.
Competitive Remuneration will be based on qualification, experience and performance.
Interested candidates are requested to send the given below documents to firstname.lastname@example.org by COB 10th March’2017 with subject line “School Coordinator_ Akikakran”
- Letter of Motivation/ Cover Letter
- Curriculum Vitae(CV)
PhD opportunity in smart urbanization at Stockholm University, for those who might be interested.
Deadline for the program : March 20, 2017
For more details, refer http://www.socant.su.se/english/about-us/news/kth-phd-student-in-smart-urbanization-1.322001
At Lead School, our Mission is to empower India by making excellent education, accessible and affordable to every child. To bring our mission to life, we set-up and operate our own LEAD schools in rural areas and partner with other APS and Govt. schools in urban areas. We have a few openings. Please look at the JD’s to know more about them.
- Senior Manager, Curriculum and Training
- Curriculum Development Manager
- Cluster Head, Delhi
- Academic Coordinator, Delhi
411 Dheeraj Heritage, Santacruz (W), Mumbai
IdeasUnbound is looking for someone to join the founding team and help shape the direction of the organization. A basic JD is given below, but we would love to have a conversation with people who have an inclination to work in an innovation-led environment.
IdeasUnbound is pursuing the goal of becoming an innovation hub within the development sector, on the lines of R&D setups in the science and technology space. Our belief is that a dedicated environment fostering innovation will help in coming up with the ideas of tomorrow and beyond which can disrupt the pace of change based on mainstream thinking within this sector. Our focus is not to develop a product or a service to fulfill an unmet need. Rather, our ideas will aim to fundamentally alter the approach to a problem, by challenging basic assumptions and devising new development models. We envision ourselves at the forefront of thinking in the development space and continuously push the boundaries.
We help leading organizations design innovative, impactful interventions in their chosen area of development. We collaborate with reputed grassroots organizations to plan and implement these interventions and take them to scale.
Job Title: Ideator
Be part of the core team of Ideators at IU. Design and conduct basic research at our innovation centres. Brainstorm disruptive ideas using our research. You will have the freedom to conceive and validate your own ideas.
Design basic research studies based on the Research-ideate-implement IdeasUnbound model
Project management of existing programs
Identifying and liaising with partner organizations
Designing and conducting of evaluation studies
Data analysis and presentation to stakeholders
Program management experience in the development sector preferable
Ability to understand raw data and arrive at insights
Fair proficiency in 2 or more Indian languages, apart from English
Ability to analyse data using Excel or other tools
Enjoys working in an unstructured environment
Willing to travel
Willing to challenge mainstream development thinking
Resumes can be sent to email@example.com
Inviting Applications for Policy Bootcamp 2017 : A Launchpad for Aspiring Public Leaders and Policy Enthusiasts
Policy Bootcamp is a flagship program of Vision India Foundations aimed at training young leaders in public policy and governance. Bootcamp is a unique opportunity for policy enthusiasts to engage with diverse leaders in this space and find out career paths.Policy Bootcamp is a certification program on public policy.
– 21 day immersive residential program in Delhi/NCR
– Learn: The Program focuses on Comprehensive Learning and Career opportunities in Public Policy & Public Leadership.
– Engage: Engagement opportunities to collaborate and work on live projects with State Govts., Members of Parliament, Bureaucrats, Think-Tanks, Subject Experts, Panchayats and other High-Impact Leaders.
– Experience: Field Visits to Villages, Slums, Urban Centers, and Community interactions to develop a panoramic understanding.
– Ideate: Focused Group Discussions and Activities to work on policy problems, proposals and more.
– Connect: Live, Laugh, Learn and Connect with a diverse community of people passionate about making a difference.
Date: 3rd-23rd June, 2017
Priority Deadline: 12th March, 2017 | Selections on a rolling basis!
Find out more at www.visionindiafoundation.com/bootcamp/
You may write to firstname.lastname@example.org in case of any queries.
We are looking for a full-time person, based out of or willing to move to New Delhi, for the post of Digital Editor at FII. This position would require you to handle digital, social and multimedia tasks of the organisation and is based out of our office in New Delhi.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Conceptualising and editing short infographic videos for social media.
- Exploring podcasts and other audio-visual content from pre to post production.
- Posting on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, SoundCloud and other social media platforms to engage with and build our community.
- Sending engaging emails to thousands in FII’s community and communicating with them on topics that matter.
- Strategizing with our editorial team to ensure that all content shared is best suited for the platform it is shared on.
- Reviewing and analyzing FII’s social media insights to drive more impact, and rethink and experiment with strategy.
- Identify stories to cover and curate meaningful content from social media for the FII website.
- Support FII’s campaigns and engagements through social media and think of diverse ways of representing this content for the FII audience.
- Write on issues of intersectional feminism and participate in groups, conferences and events as an FII representative.
- Contribute to other admin tasks and FII’s on-ground events as and when required.
- Weekend, night and holiday work might be required on a case to case basis.
- Understanding FII’s work and its editorial, intersectional feminism and how it functions in the Indian context.
- Social media skills and at least 1-2 years of experience at an online publication.
- Working knowledge of Premiere Pro, iMovie, Movie Maker or similar video making software.
- A knack for social media and motivation to further FII’s social presence and reach.
- A sense of ethical journalism, i.e. what kind of language to use, pictures to feature, especially when writing about sensitive issues.
- A news junkie who is interested in exploring news angles that the traditional media avoids/ignores.
- Excellent writing and editing skills.
- Initiative-taking abilities to pitch new ideas, think outside the box and innovate when it comes to content and content representation.
- Ability to stay organized, meet deadlines, and work well with the team.
How to Apply
- Send your CV at email@example.com
- A cover letter answering the questions below:
- Your experience, interest and availability
- Why do you wish to apply for this post?
- What are some of the changes in terms of strategy and mode of operations that can be made in order to make FII a more amplified, diverse and intersectional feminist voice in India?
- Current CTC and expected CTC (Remuneration will be based on experience and qualification of the applicant).
Deadline: February 28
Feminism In India is an award-winning feminist media organisation with intersectional feminism at its core praxis. It aims to learn, educate and develop a feminist consciousness among the youth. It is required to unravel the F-word and demystify all the negativity surrounding it. FII amplifies the voices of women and marginalized communities using tools of art, media, culture, technology and community.
*Feminism in India is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer and strongly encourages people from marginalized communities to apply.
Ashoka Trust for Research in Ecology and the Environment – APPLICATIONS INVITED FOR PhD in Conservation Science and Sustainability Studies
Ashoka Trust for Research in Ecology and the Environment (ATREE) is one of South Asia’s leading conservation and sustainable development research organizations with a strong interdisciplinary emphasis. ATREE invites applications for admission to its Doctoral Research Programme in Conservation Science and Sustainability Studies for the academic year 2017. The programme is recognized by Manipal University and is one of the few programmes in India that provides students natural science, social science and interdisciplinary training to conduct research on biodiversity conservation and sustainable development.
ATREE’s research covers the broad themes of environment, development, and biodiversity conservation. Thematic areas include: conservation biology and planning; forest governance and livelihoods; ecosystem functions and services; hydrology and water resources; and development and environmental change.Disciplines represented in the faculty include: ecology, plant and invertebrate taxonomy, conservation genetics, hydrology, water quality, landscape ecology, economics, development studies, institutional analysis, sociology, and political ecology.
Students are encouraged to visit the ATREE web pages at http://www.atree.org/faculty to learn more about faculty research.Students with prior training in any branch of the social, natural, or engineering sciences are eligible for admission to the PhD programme. Selected students will register for core and elective courses for three semesters, after which they will conduct independent research under the guidance of a doctoral advisory committee that is chaired by the faculty advisor. Ten students will each receive a fellowship for a period of three years. The fellowship amount will be Rs. 25,000 (preregistration) and Rs.28, 000 (post‐registration) per month. Contingency support for research at Rs. 50,000 per year for two years will also be provided. Faculty advisors will work closely with their students to obtain fellowship and research funding to enable students to successfully complete the programme. ATREE fosters diversity and gender equity at the work place. Women and persons from underprivileged groups are especially encouraged to apply. ATREE’s affirmative action policy will be followed during the PhD selection process.
Admission and eligibility
1.The candidate must have a Master’s degree in any social science, natural science or engineering discipline and have secured a minimum of 55% marks or equivalent.
2.Applicants will appear for an entrance exam in ATREE.
3.Candidates who have qualified for UGC‐CSIR (minimum NET), GATE, ICSSR or equivalent exams, or have an MPhil degree are not required to take the entrance exam and will directly qualify for the interview.
Candidates seeking admission for the PhD programme at ATREE should submit the following documents:
A completed application form(download from http://www.atree.org/academy/phd_programme)
Copies of degree certificate, or provisional degree certificate, and Master’s course mark sheets.
A written statement of purpose in the applicant’s own words, which highlights his or her research and career goals(maximum 1000 words).
Confidential reference letters from two referees, sent directly by the referees to the address below by email, post or fax.
Applicants should submit completed application and all supporting documents by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or post to the address listed below by April 10, 2017. They should indicate in the subject line (if submitting by email) or super scribe the envelope (if submitting by post) ‘Application for PhD programme’.
Incomplete applications will be rejected.
Shortlisted applicants will appear for an entrance exam followed by an interview at ATREE, Bangalore. The academic year will begin on 1st August 2017.
The Convenor, Academy for Conservation Science and Sustainability Studies, Ashoka Trust for Research in Ecology and the Environment (ATREE), Royal Enclave, Srirampura, Jakkur , Bangalore 560 064
Phone: +91‐80‐23635555 Extn: 121, Fax: +91‐80‐23530070