About MFE and the Nalanda Project:
The Motivation for Excellence Foundation (MFE) is a family foundation that is centered around the following three pillars: A passion for giving back, a strong belief in values-based excellence, and a focus on developing creative solutions for education, health, and self-empowerment. The Nalanda Project is in its 4th year of operation under the education wing of MFE.
The Nalanda Project turbo-charges student learning by using affordable technology to enrich conventional teaching practices. The Nalanda Project provides low-cost tablets to classrooms and makes interactive learning content available on these tablets in a completely offline system. Nalanda both creates a more joyful learning experience for students and also allows them to take charge of their learning. Further, Nalanda enables teachers to easily track and analyse student data, which empowers them to (1) effectively implement data-driven instruction, and (2) provide differentiated resources and instruction to each and every student in the classroom. In the academic year 2017-18, Nalanda Project will server over 10,000 students across Pune, Mumbai, New Delhi and Rajasthan. We are rapidly expanding our reach and are looking for passionate, talented professionals to join our team along the way.
Visit the website to learn more about the product: https://learningequality.org/kolibri/
Visit our website to learn more about Nalanda: http://www.motivationforexcellence.org/nalanda-project
Technology Manager, Nalanda Project.
Location: Pune, Maharashtra
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Work closely with the Program Manager, Tech, and Design Teams to ensure product quality is as per specs and implementation is within the timelines.
• Manage the entire product life cycle from strategic planning to tactical activities
• Write detailed specifications, use cases and flows for use in development, training and testing
• Coordinate closely with internal and external stakeholders for closure and sign off on requirements documents and ensure product features meet the requirement. • Take ownership of the product to drive and manage requirements discussions independently with various stakeholders
• Continuously improve the product development process, incorporating lessons learned and best practices
• Create, manage and maintain a robust technology professional development program.
• Work with curriculum leaders of specific content areas to ensure integration of technology in individual curriculum areas/specific content areas.
• Provide recommendations for teacher / staff development relative to technology integration and use of classroom technology tools and applications.
• Facilitate work of an advisory committee to make recommendations on hardware, software/application purchases.
• Research innovative technology resources to enhance teaching and learning.
• Maintain an active awareness of emerging information, trends, and applications for technology and learning.
• Work closely with internal team to develop innovative technology solutions to best facilitate student learning.
• Support internal team in creating and coordinating technology-based projects that enhance student learning.
• BCA/MCA/BTech/BE or equivalent.
• 2-5 years of work experience.
• Minimum 2 years of Software development or Product Management experience.
• Minimum 2 years of experience within an educational setting.
Knowledge/Skills and Abilities:
• Ability to work with multiple stakeholders (teachers, students, program mangers and software developers)
• Ability to relate to students with diverse backgrounds and needs
• Ability to relate to teachers with diverse experiences with technology integration.
• Strong background in integrating technology in the classroom to improve instruction.
• Excellent written and oral communication.
• Ability to multi-task, prioritize work activities, and meet deadlines.
• Must be highly organized.
• Have a strong work ethic, high level of integrity and accountability.
• Have strong critical thinking skills.
Content Development Manager
• Manage the end-to-end content development process:
o Analyze user needs, identifying existing barriers and new opportunities
o Research and identify content to enable Nalanda’s rapid expansion of curricular offerings to cover 2-10th standard Math, English, Hindi, Marathi, Kannada, and Science
o Partner with best-in-field content providers to make their content available on Nalanda’s tech platform
o Craft meaningful learning paths for students based on available content, national and state boards, and global best practices
o Build expertise around national and state curricula, and map content to these curricula
o Collect, synthesize and respond to feedback from students, teachers, school leaders and partners
• Research blended learning methodologies and effective digital learning tools, and integrate findings into the Nalanda model and teacher training program
• Manage the content team to ensure high-quality, efficient work, and create a collaborative, professional culture
• Actively participate in the Nalanda leadership team, and continuously collaborate with the software and operations teams
• Troubleshoot and quickly address new or changing user needs
• Be accountable for reaching rigorous goals and deadlines
• Continue to develop the content vision and roadmap for Nalanda
Ideal candidates will have:
• Minimum of 4 years of teaching and/or curriculum development experience
• Minimum of 2 years in a management role
• Bachelor’s degree in a related field
• Strong understanding of curriculum development, Indian primary/secondary school curricula, and common student breakdowns in learning
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Ability to work independently as well as collaborate with several teams across different time zones
• Meticulous attention to detail
• Capacity for troubleshooting and proactive problem solving
• Exceptional time management skills and ability to meet rigorous deadlines
• Excited about joining a start-up
• Thrives in an ambiguous work environment
• Grounded in a growth mind-set, open to feedback, and able to keep up with changing needs
• A passion for technology and its potential to expedite educational equity
• Solid digital proficiency and a knack for quickly learning new tools
• Languages: Full professional proficiency in English required, and additional proficiency in Hindi, Marathi, or Kannada strongly preferred
• Based in Pune, Maharashtra
Remuneration will be competitive with Indian philanthropy pay scales and will depend upon the candidate’s experience levels.
Interested candidates may send their resume and cover letter to email@example.com