We are looking for a Training and Placement Officer for our organisation Maharogi Sewa Samiti , Warora’s Sandhiniketan vocational training Centre.
About the institution:
Maharogi Sewa Samiti, Warora (MSS), is a not-for-profit, non-governmental organization, founded in 1949 by Baba Amte. MSS has been relentlessly working towards the betterment of stigmatized and marginalized people like those afflicted with Leprosy, Hearing and Speech impaired, Visually and Orthopedically challenged and Socially Backward Tribal Populace.
MSS is active in plethora of activities on field in six core areas of human development viz.
2. Livelihood promotion for differently abled
3. Education, Sustainable Agriculture Programs and Extension Activities
4. Appropriate technologies for Rural Development,
5. Youth Empowerment, in Chandrapur, Gadchiroli and Yavatmal, the most backward districts of eastern Maharashtra.
MSS follows integrated approach to ensure holistic development of the individual that combines medical treatment with sustained psycho-socio-economic rehabilitation, MSS has qualitatively enhanced the living standards of over 2.7 Million disadvantaged people over the years of its existence. The work of MSS has been recognized and honoured at several national and international platforms by distinguished institutions like Government of India, United Nations, Ramon Magsaysay Foundation and Templeton Foundation.
(For more details visit : www.anandwan.in )
A) Job Title – Training and Placement Officer – Sandhiniketan Vocational Training Centre
Job Status: Full time
Location: Anandwan, Tahsil- Warora, District- Chandrapur, Maharashtra
About Sandhiniketan Vocational Training centre : Sandhiniketan Vocational Training Centre was established in 1970s and around 100 disabled trainees pass every year after receiving training in one of the courses like
a. LERS Radio Course
e. Computer training centre Etc.
Roles and Responsibilities:
1. Evaluating performance and make recommendations for career choice
2. Motivating trainees to achieve peak productivity and performance
3. Administer and supervise placement and recruitment program;
4. Provide counseling to existing, potential and alumini students on career options.
5. Identify employment opportunities with local employers for job placement..
6. Create repository of information related to potential employers, resource networks, available employment opportunities
7. Groom trainees for job placements
8. Provide training in writing resumes and job applications
9. Support trainees to avail benefit of the scheme – Social Security for Disabled
10. Extend technical and financial advisory to enable trainees set up their own business and become successful entrepreneurs
11. Provide Marriage counseling
12. Organise symposium/ workshops on several issues linked to vocational guidance for disability with all concerned stakeholders
13. Arranging workshops for candidates for exposure to various issues related to their disability
1. Passion towards social cause and urge to make a difference
2. Vocational and career counseling skills.
3. Professional training to conduct counseling sessions.
4. Active collaboration, networking and communication (written and spoken) skills
5. Result oriented with timely and quality deliverables.
1. Bachelor’s in Social Work or any other relevant field with 3 to 5 years’ of experience
2. Master’s in Social Work or any other relevant field with 1 to 2 year’s of experience
INR 300,000 – 500,000 /- Per Annum. Commensurate with experience