Global Good Pitch Program Profile
A chance in a lifetime to be part of a unique project!
The Good Pitch global program connects the world’s best social justice films with NGOs, philanthropists and change—makers who are mutually aligned with the causes that the films advocate. Good Pitch is initiated by Doc Society (UK) and Sundance Documentary Film Institute with the generous support of Ford Foundation
You can find out more about Good Pitch at https://goodpitch.org
Good Pitch Local
With a new resolve to bridge divides and make new alliances, the Good Pitch programme is going LOCAL — working at the state level to find and support local voices by connecting filmmakers with local funders, local organizers, local lawyers, local educators, local policy makers and local media to shape innovative media that can galvanize their communities.
Good Pitch Local is set apart from other Good Pitch editions by building in pitches in both directions — it’s not only filmmakers who get the spotlight, but also activists and organisers who can envision film and media as an aid to achieving their missions. We want Good Pitch Local to build communities of people who care about the same stories from different perspectives — whose work can complement each other’s and double efforts to achieve shared goals.
Good Pitch Local: Karnataka is hosted by OurGroundWorks in partnership with Indian Documentary Foundation.
Description of Position
Working for Good Pitch India is about making meaningful connections between filmmakers, philanthropists, NGOs, activists, and more, towards creating impact through the power of film. Good Pitch Local is seeking a passionate, committed, and entrepreneurial mind to be part of our Good Pitch Karnataka team. As a project manager, and part of the (small) core team working towards the Good Pitch India event in April 2018, you would be involved in the following:
Communications (~60% of time)
• Write mails and proposals to possible collaborators pitching the idea of Good Pitch, either for a marketing alliance or a panelist presence
• Manage and coordinate Good Pitch India’s communication, in terms of social media, PR (including press releases as required) – in coordination with PR and Social media team
HR Processes & Management (~40% of time)
• Ensure that team members are filling in work log as per HR requirements
• Oversee compliances, as per requirements
• Track progress of the project, in terms of outreach done (through mails), and confirmed
• Support the execution of workshops through coordination within the team
• Organise logistics and coordinate as required towards final event
This position is for someone who wants to work hard to grow professionally with us and quickly take on more responsibilities.
Professional Background and Skills
• Undergraduate degree or above (any field)
• Excellent oral and written communication skills in English
• Passion for social impact
• At least 3-5 years of previous work experience, including some experience in the social sector and ideally also in the private sector
• Evidence of being a doer – high degree of performance and self-accountability
• Strong interpersonal communication skills
• Ability to pay close attention to the details that make the difference between doing a good job and doing a great one
• Ability to take initiative and do what needs to be done to complete the task at hand
• Ability to not just multi-task, but even enjoy working on different aspects of the work at hand
• International experience outside of India, for work and/or study
• IT skills: Good knowledge of MS Office (especially Word, Excel, and Powerpoint), virtual communication systems (Skype, Zoom, Whatsapp, etc), common cloud software (Dropbox, CRM systems, Google Drive, etc)
You would be a good fit with our organizational culture if:
• You proactively initiate action when you see a problem, regardless of whether it is “your responsibility” or not
• You are comfortable bringing your whole self to work
• The position is based in Bangalore, India and we are looking for an Indian citizen or a foreign resident with the right to work in India
• This is a full-time position with a 5-month commitment, from October to April
• Occasional weekend work may be required, particularly closer to the event day
• Salary: Rs. 25,000 a month
Deadline to apply – Sept 10th
Send applications to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Indian Documentary Foundation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons regardless of race, colour, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, marital status, disability, religious or political affiliation, age, or sexual orientation shall have equal access to positions, limited only by their ability to do the job.
Leave a Reply