Best Practices Foundation (BPF) is an NGO that documents, disseminates and innovates best practices in the fields of development, governance and gender. It aims to conduct innovative action research in partnership with practitioners and implementing agencies of the state and civil society. For more information on BPF please visit www.bestpracticesfoundation.org and our Facebook page: bestpracticesfoundation
BPF is looking for a junior researcher. They will be involved in working on action-research projects using participatory research methodologies. They will be expected to conduct extensive field work, travel and collect data rigorously. They will be trained on basic research skills and analysis.
The ideal candidate should:
- Have excellent writing, documentation, and communication skills
- Be willing to travel extensively in India to conduct research
- Have good interpersonal and interviewing skills
- Have a working knowledge of Indian languages, particularly Hindi
- Be fluent in written and spoken English
- Be proficient in computers
- Be a team player and encourage creative thinking from the team
BPF is ideally looking for a candidate who is progressive, can think innovatively, has the ability to synergize thinking with communities and between research and practice. S(he) must be able to flourish in a non-hierarchical environment and value principles of creativity, parity and innovation.
Research Associate at salary INR 22,000 to 27,000 (Commensurate with experience and qualifications)
Please submit the following documents
- A CV
- A writing sample
- A cover letter stating your interest in this position, why you are best suited for it, and expected remuneration.
- Two references with contact information and your relationship to them.
CVs that are not accompanied by a cover letter and writing sample will NOT be entertained. Candidates should e-mail their application to email@example.com