Key roles and responsibilities:
- Plan, create, and publish information on the website http://www.sexualityanddisability.org
- Assist in research and production of videos, podcasts, etc. for the online platform
- Oversee, grow and develop all social media channels for the site, including generating original social media content
- Be an active member of sexuality and disability communities online; participate in discussions on other blogs, be helpful in relevant online forums, manage and actively promote our content on blogs, social networks and other sites
- Keep up with new/popular blogs related to sexuality and disability. Build relationships with key bloggers. Identify up-and-coming bloggers for featuring on the site, especially from disability communities. Think of ways to extend the site’s audience and reach
- Organize sexuality and disability workshops in partnership with disability rights organizations
- Create accessible content, including video materials and interactive curricula for workshops in partnership with thematic specialists and media producers
- Devise, plan and manage creative exploratory events and workshops, including book readings, film festivals, digital storytelling workshops, etc.
- Create links between workshops and website and feed information and resources from one into the other
- Document workshop processes, evaluations, learnings and report in diverse and creative text, audio and visual forms
- Other related ad hoc duties as required
- Interest in disability, gender, sexuality or related issues
- Excellent writing, editing and communication skills
- Ability to summarize, document and present work
- Strong attention to detail and ability to manage multiple tasks at once within deadlines
- Self-motivated and a strong team player
Point of View offers a dynamic and flexible working environment and competitive salaries in the non-profit sector. Please send your CV and a cover note to email@example.com by 15 December. In your cover note, please answer these two questions in two paragraphs:
- Why are you interested in this position?
- Why are you a good fit for this position?
About Point of View
Voices change lives. We build and amplify voices.
At Point of View, we’ve been building and amplifying voices around gender, sexuality and violence since we were born 19 years ago. We work with women at the margins: those who face domestic violence, women who are HIV-positive, in sex work, mentally or physically disabled, those who are dalit, poor, rural. We change women’s lives – and ideas surrounding these lives – by amplifying women’s voices.