Role: Associate, Data and Impact
Location: Mumbai based (For Bihar)
To make child protection everyone’s business, so that every child is safe everywhere, everyday.
We build and strengthen child protection systems to ensure that the most vulnerable children are safe, supported, in school, and assured of a childhood free from trafficking, child marriage, hazardous work, violence and exploitation
Aangan works with children in dangerous situations like child trafficking, child marriage, hazardous work and abuse. Our prevention model targets ‘hotspots’ across the country where children are most at risk, either because these are sites of hazardous child labor or are associated with harmful traditions like child marriage, trafficking and girl child discrimination. In such locations, we work with parents, children and government officials to build strong care and protection systems that keep children safe.
II. Position Summary
The Associate, Data and Impact plays a key role in leveraging the power of data to push forth organizational and policy goals for the state of Bihar. S/he will ensure the accuracy and authenticity of child protection data reports generated (a first of its kind in India) and presented to government officials and community influencers. His/her work will have a significant impact on the kind of systemic and policy-level change brought about through Aangan within the child protection sphere at the local district level
The Associate, Data and Impact will ensure that all on-field collected quantitative data (through programme field staff + mobile app + staff affiliated with government systems) from various locations is gathered regularly (and where possible-automatically) and fed into a comprehensive database.
Additionally, the Associate, Data and Impact will support the data collection, research, on-ground mobile app training, and staff coordination activities related to the creation of periodical internal reports, as well as reports to external stakeholders such as the government, partners, funders etc.
III. Key Duties and Responsibilities
Primary responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Engage in quantitative and qualitative data analysis
• Set up offline and online database systems to ensure that data is regularly and efficiently captured for analysis so as to in turn generate child protection statistics for various governmental departments and to systematically evaluate the effectiveness of Aangan’s interventions.
• Collate multiple data sets across themes and locations: coordinate with staff on data collection activities, and for the periodical update of database entries.
• Assist in trainings: data collection and data input training for Aangan field staff
• Assist in big data analysis and in the design of data presentations to government and external stakeholders
• Assist in identifying data trends for insight analysis
• Engage in research activities
IV. Knowledge and Technical Skills
• Proficiency in working with large and multiple data sets
• Good relationship-building and managerial skills
• Excellent writing skills
• Fluency in both English and Bengali is essential
• Knowledge of data visualization and presentation tools such as Tableau, Datawrapper, D3.js etc. would be useful, but not mandatory
• Knowledge of data-related tools such as SPSS, Statwing would be useful, but not mandatory
V. Competencies and Abilities
• Communicating effectively: Simple and clear written and oral communication
• Critical Thinking & Problem solving
• Ability to multi-task
• Open to learning and using new products
• Willing to travel when required
VI. VI. Education and Experience
• A Bachelors or Masters degree in a relevant field
• 2-3 years work experience, preferably in the development sector
• Experience in data management would be useful
Interested applicants please send in your details to firstname.lastname@example.org