Janhit Jagran Social Enterprise Challenge 2018-19 is an initiative by Dainik Jagran to nurture ideas and social enterprises working to address challenges in 7 key domains of development – education, environment, health, poverty alleviation, water, women empowerment and human resource management.
Bangalore City Pitch: October 27, 2018
Last date to apply: October 25, 2018
Idea Challenge winners win Rs 1 lakh each plus a boot camp opportunity by IIM Calcutta
Winners of social enterprise challenge win Rs. 25 lakh seed fund and mentorship by our partners
Mentioned below is a brief description about the programme:
Janhit Jagran 2018-19:
Is an initiative of Dainik Jagran to scout Social innovators and entrepreneurs in 7 key domains of development and provide them with access to quality mentorship, networks and implementation grants. The programme has been launched in July 2018 and would run as pitch series across 16 states (30-35 cities) and culminate into a national pitch, providing a funding of upto 25 lakhs for the selected candidates.
7 DOMAINS: Education, Health, Women empowerment, Poverty alleviation, Water, Environment, Human Resource Management.
Some of our existing partners include:
INCUBATION AND FUNDING PARTNERS:
- SIDBI Innovation and Incubation Centre, IIT-Kanpur
- Startup Oasis, An initiative of CIIE, IIM Ahmedabad.
- IIM Calcutta Innovation Park, IIM-Calcutta
- KIIT – Technology Business Incubator
- Jagran Centre for Social Enterprise
DOMAIN KNOWLEDGE PARTNERS:
- Environment Conservation: UNESCO
- Poverty Alleviation, Human Resource Management: Pradan
- Water Conservation: Water Aid
- Women Empowerment: Plan India
- Health: Public Health Foundation of India
Leave a Reply