De Montfort University Leicester (United Kingdom) and Tata Institute of Social Sciences, Mumbai (India) have invited applications for Research Fellow (two posts) for the project “Mental Health Literacy in Urban and Rural Communities in Kerala, India: An interdisciplinary approach using applied theatre methodology.”
This research is jointly funded by the UK Research Councils–Economic and Social Research Council (ESRC), Arts and Humanities Research Council (AHRC) and the Global Challenges Research Fund (GCRF).
This is a full-time post. The post holder will help with the day-to-day planning, data collection and management of the research project.
- Research Fellow will be based at the Mental Health Action Trust (MHAT), Kozhikode, Kerala.
- Research Fellow will be based at the MEHAC Foundation, Ernakulam, Kerala.
These posts involve extensive travel for recruitment and data collection.
Essential – select list
- Degree or Higher degree in Social Sciences with Research Methods Component including Quantitative/Qualitative Analysis.
- Demonstrable interest or experience of working on mental health issues and knowledge or interest in public health.
- A proven track record of research using quantitative/qualitative methods.
- Ability to write engaging articles, briefs and reports for different audiences.
- Ability to manage a research project from inception to completion, including project and budgetary management and managing junior members of staff.
- Ability to work independently.
- Excellent communication in English and Malayalam and interpersonal skills in formal and informal settings.
- Competent Microsoft Office user.
Desirable – select list
- PhD or equivalent research experience.
- Extensive community research experience.
- Proficiency in any form of art, preferably theatre.
Salary: Rs. 35,000 to 40,000 per calendar month (based on qualifications and
Duration: 1 October 2018 to 31 March 2021
Closing date: Midnight 21 September 2018.
Applicants should send their CV with a covering letter outlining their experience and skills for this post with the names and contact details of two referees to email@example.com.
For informal discussions and further information about these posts please contact Professor Raghu Raghavan (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Professor Asha Banu Soletti (email@example.com).
Leave a Reply