We are looking for a motivated candidates (2 Positions) with an interest in a career in public health for the role of a Research Officer (RO) at IPH.
Applicants must have a postgraduate degree in social sciences (preferably, in political science, anthropology, economics, labor/corporate law, business/trade history, development studies). Candidates should be comfortable with the use of all basic computer programs (Word, Excel, Powerpoint).
We are looking for at least three years of research experience and good familiarity with and reasonable expertise in quantitative and/or qualitative research methods. We require candidates to have published a few papers in peer reviewed journals as first/second author. Excellent (written and oral) communication skills in English and at least one (preferably more) regional languages is required.
Brief Job description
Research Officers will:
- Work with a team of 3-4 people from different disciplinary backgrounds and will report to the Principal Investigator.
- Contribute to conceiving the design, collecting data and analysing data for specific aspects of the overall study.
- Take up managerial role, in part, for specific aspects of the study as well as the overall project administration.
- Need to make extended travel/stay for ethnographic work/data collection during certain phases of the study.
- Liaise with varied stakeholders (academia, industry, governments, civil society, trade unions) to understand their interests and establish strategic relations.
- Take lead role and contribute in scientific and popular writing.
- Participate in and represent study/project interests at academic/learning opportunities available at IPH and other relevant fora.
Last date to receive the application is : 22nd September 2018
For more details and application form :CLICK HERE
Candidates applying for these positions shall not have any economic ties and shall not have represented any tobacco business or organisation that represents the interest of the tobacco industry in past two years.