It is with this urgency and spirit that National Alliance of People’s Movements (NAPM) has, after numerous discussions, planned a Samvidhan Samman Yatra – a nationwide tour to restore and protect the core values of our Constitution and democracy. The Yatra shall commence on 2nd October 2018 from Dandi, Gujarat the place where Gandhi led his famous salt march in 1930. It will travel through various States in the country holding meetings, discussions, public events, supporting struggles, sharing the grief of victims of the violence and hate and spreading a message of plurality, love and peace and shall culminate in Jan Sansad in Delhi on 10th December 2018, the International Human Rights Day. Representatives of peoples’ movements, prominent activists, thinkers, academics, cultural activists, students and others will participate. We invite other comrades, sathis, movements, institutions, organizations and forums to come along with us and endorse the yatra. Everybody who subscribes to the core values of the Yatra is welcome to participate either for the full period of the Yatra as well partially.
The Yatra would be undertaken in the following phases:
- Phase-I: From 2nd October to 15th October 2018 – Gujarat, Rajasthan, Madhya Pradesh, Vidarbha – Gadchiroli & Chhattisgarh
- Phase-II: 20th October to 5th November 2018 – Maharashtra, Goa, Karnataka, Kerala, Tamil Nadu, Andhra Pradesh & Telangana
- Phase-III: 11th November to 10th December 2018 – Jharkhand, Odisha, West Bengal, North Eastern states, Bihar, Uttar Pradesh, Uttarakhand, Himachal Pradesh, Punjab, Haryana & Delhi.
Kashmir Phase: Proposed to be undertaken between Phase-I and Phase-II
We urge you to join the Yatra and contribute your utmost towards this effort. You can help in one or more of the following ways:
- Endorsing the yatra.
- Joining the yatra partly or fully and volunteering during yatra.
- Offer to organize programmes in your area.
- Volunteer to help in planning, coordination and logistical support.
- Volunteer in the dissemination of materials and publicizing the yatra.
- Sending us notes, photos etc. of the struggles in your area, so that we can include it our state-wise notes.
- Provide financial contribution and raise resources for the yatra. Get in touch with us to know how you can extend support. See contact details at the end.
For more information and participation details contact:
National Alliance of People’s Movements (NAPM)
National Office – 6/6, Jangpura B, Mathura Road, New Delhi 110014
Mobile : 9867348307 | 9971058735
Website: www.napm-india.org | Facebook: @NAPMIndia | Twitter: @napmindia