Dates: September 10-14, 2018
Venue: V.V. GIRI NATIONAL LABOUR INSTITUTE CAMPUS, NOIDA, [National Capital Region, India]
Address: V.V.GIRI NATIONAL LABOUR INSTITUTE, SECTOR – 24, NOIDA – 201 301, DISTT. GAUTAM BUDH NAGAR, UTTAR PRADESH
The course will familiarise scholars and practitioner on techniques and methods in historical research on labour and labour relations. The course will enable the participants to understand contemporary transformations in the world of work in a historical perspective and familiarise them with the different approaches to history of labour. It will also equip them to undertake systematic research on labour history.
• Map the changing World of work in the longue duree
• Understand the origins and development of labour market institutions.
• Discuss methods like archival/official/institutional sources; Documenting the undocumented-oral history; and case studies
Theoretical Perspectives, Qualitative and Quantitative Research, Sources of Labour History; Oral History Techniques; Historiography; Case studies
Lecture, Discussions and Group Work
Researchers Scholars; Young Teachers of Universities/Colleges/Research Institutions and Practitioners interested in history of labour and labour
September 10-14, 2018
The programme commences at 10.00 a.m. on September 10, 2018 and will conclude on September 14, 2018 afternoon.
V.V. Giri National Labour Institute
Sector-24, NOIDA- 20l301
Distt. Gautam Budh Nagar
The Institute campus is situated near Prakash Hospital and NTPC Office. The distance of the campus from New Delhi Railway Station. is 20 Kms. Delhi Metro, Noida City Centre Station is about 1.5 kms. from VVGNLI, NOIDA.
Stay arrangement will be made in the hostel of V.V. Giri National Labour Institute. Accommodation will be on twin sharing basis. The boarding and lodging will be provided by the Institute from the afternoon September 09, 2018 till the forenoon of September 15, 2018. For extended stay or early arrival, lodging & boarding charges would be borne by the participants
1. No fee is charged from the participants.
2. The Institute would reimburse travel expenses of the participants for 2nd class sleeper Train/Bus fare from their place of work to NOIDA on production of original ticket for inward journey and for return journey, a photo copy of confirmed ticket should be produced to claim reimbursement. Without submission of tickets, no reimbursement claim will be permissible. The nominees should be informed about the reimbursement procedure accordingly to avoid inconveniences.
3. It may be ensured that nominee(s) should have Aadhar number. The nominations of only those participants will be accepted who have Aadhar number and bank account. The reimbursement of travel fare to the nominees would be made through NEFT only. The nominee(s) may be informed to bring their bank details (name of bank, name of bank branch, IFSC code and bank account no.) with them. The bank details may be indicated by nominee while filling up TA form at the institute. All the nominees may be informed accordingly.
4. The local conveyance will be reimbursed restricted to the actual expenditure incurred or Rs. 500/- whichever is less (Rs. 350/- for Delhi & NCR).
5. The Institute would reimburse travel expenses of the North Eastern participants for 3 tier AC Train fare from their place of work to NOIDA on production of ORIGINAL ticket for inward journey and for return journey, a photo copy of 3rd AC CONFIRMED ticket shall be produced to claim reimbursement. Without submission of tickets, no reimbursement claim will be permissible. The nominees should be informed about the reimbursement procedure accordingly to avoid inconvenience. The local conveyance to be reimbursed would be restricted to the actual expenditure incurred or Rs. 750/- whichever is less..
6. Officials entitled for higher class may claim their Travelling Allowance from their own organisation.
7. The participants are provided free of cost boarding and lodging only for the duration of the program me.
LAST DATE FOR NOMINATIONS
August 28, 2018. Because of limited number of seats available for the programme, institute will be constrained to accept participants on first-come-first served basis.
[DOWNLOAD NOMINATION FORM HERE: http://www.sacw.net/IMG/pdf/nomination_form..pdf]
V.V. GIRI NATIONAL LABOUR INSTITUTE– ASSOCIATION OF INDIAN LABOUR HISTORIANS COLLABORATION
This Course is being jointly organised by V.V. Giri National Labour Institute and Association of India Labour Historians under the aegis of Integrated Labour History Research Programme.
All Correspondence should be addressed to:
Dr. S. K. Sasikumar
V.V. Giri National Labour Institute
Post Box No. 68, Sector – 24
NOIDA – 201 301, Uttar Pradesh
Telephone : 0120-2411471, 0120 – 2411534
Leave a Reply