Looking for a bright young (or not so young) spark to work as a Science Communicator for CURIOUSCITY, an organization that makes science fun for kids.
SCIENCE COMMUNICATOR – PROFILE:
The person should be able to create science based models / exhibits that will require electrical, mechanical, woodwork etc skills. Should be imaginative, energetic, a quick learner and have a keen interest in science. Good communication skills in English and / or Kannada is desirable. Open to a wide range of backgrounds – from science graduates, Industrial Training Institute diploma holders, and self-taught individuals to engineers, post-graduates etc. as long as they meet above criteria.
- create science based models / exhibits that will require electrical, mechanical, woodwork etc skills.
- conceptualize demonstrations / exhibits that will help communicate various aspects of science in a fun and engaging manner
- assist and eventually conduct workshops for children and teachers (in English / Kannada)
- work on updating pictures, events online and working with social media.
- be a part of the team that is building a world class science centre in Bangalore over the next 2 years
- Compensation negotiable depending on the person’s profile and nature of work contract – which could be full-time, part-time or on a project/internship basis.
Please email Shonali at email@example.com for interview requests along with a resume and statement of purpose..