Applications are invited for the following posts at the Centre for Public Policy and Governance at Tata Institute of Social Sciences, Mumbai.
Location: Mumbai / Delhi
Tenure: 1 year (subject to extension based on the performance of the candidate)
Sector: (Tribal and Community Development/ Education/ CSR/ Public Policy and Governance)
Program Lead/ Specialists / Senior Program Manager – 4 positions
Young Professionals (YP) / Consultants – 4 positions
About the Organization:
Tata Institute of Social Sciences (TISS) is a 75 year old public Deemed University funded devoted to teaching, research, training, field action, outreach and policy development in varied inter-disciplinary areas. TISS is a world leader in devising and advising intervention strategies in the Social Development sector.
There are certain existing initiatives at TISS that have been created through funding from Government agencies, Public Sector Enterprises and the Corporate Sector, and which perform important policy and governance roles in the development sector. These include initiatives related to higher and school education policy and leadership development, Civil Service officers’ training, and also the research, capacity building and policy advocacy support related to the area of Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) given to Public Sector and Private Sector Companies and Civil society organizations.
Each of these existing initiatives has demonstrated expertise, reach and impact on actual policy/decision making and implementation/action. Research, policy development and policy advocacy, and capacity building are the core functions of these abovementioned initiatives. More about these initiatives can be learnt at the websites http://rusa.nic.in/, http://ais.tiss.edu/, http://calem.tiss.edu/, http://hela.tiss.edu/, and http://www.csr.tiss.edu/.
We invite highly qualified, motivated, passionate, bright and sharp young professionals with reason, rigour and the right attitude, and with a strong background in the social sciences or allied areas, to join us to contribute to the above mentioned initiatives.
Roles & Responsibilities:
· To work as an interface between Government, Civil Society Organisations and Industry for bringing about convergence.
· To work closely on projects related to Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR), higher and school education policy and leadership development and other areas of public policy, governance and leadership.
· Designing research tools (both quantitative and qualitative).
· Conducting research studies (Needs assessment, baseline, impact assessment, mid-term reviews, impact assessment, etc.)
· Preparing research reports.
· Project proposal evaluation (multi sectoral) and NGO assessment
· Selection and streamlining of CSR projects/ activities for public sector and private sector companies.
· Facilitating policy advocacy and capacity building of multiple stakeholders.
Qualifications and Competencies:
· Highly proficient professionals (based in Mumbai or willing to relocate to Mumbai), with adept analytical skills and strong research and academic rigour.
· Minimum masters degree in social sciences or allied areas from a reputed institution.
· For programme lead and specialist positions, a minimum work experience of 5 years (full time) and 2 years (full time) for young professional respectively is required,
· The basic qualification for both positions requires the candidate to have atleast a Master’s degree and relevant work experience with academic institutions/ government agencies/ international organizations or non-governmental organizations.
· Possess multi-sectoral understanding of development sector.
· Candidates with multi – sectoral competencies and exposure shall be given preference.
· Demonstrated ability to work in a multi-disciplinary environment and to establish harmonious and effective working relationships with partner organizations.
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office especially PowerPoint, and Excel.
Other Skills and Attributes (preferable):
· Good communication skills in written and spoken English and atleast one regional language.
· Pleasant, confident, proactive personality.
· Willingness to travel to all parts of India.
· Willingness to collaborate with individuals and teams constituting diverse backgrounds.
· High level of integrity, commitment and sensitivity to social issues.
1. The successful candidates in the Programme Lead/ Specialists/ Senior Program Manager grade will be offered a starting salary within the range of Rs.70,000 – Rs.90,000 per month.
2. The successful candidates in the Young Professionals (YP) / Consultants grade will be offered a starting salary within the range of Rs.40,000 – Rs.60,000 per month.
The compensation is, however, negotiable in keeping with the experience and qualifications. The selection board will have the discretion to consider whether the selected candidate may be given senior or junior grade based on relevant qualifications and work experience of the selected candidates.
How to apply:
Qualified candidates are requested to send their CV along with a cover letter to the following email id: email@example.com as early as possible.
Applications submitted past the deadline will not be considered.