Nurturing Early Literacy in Primary Schools in Phaltan Block project
PRAGAT SHIKSHAN SANTHA, PHALTAN (http://www.pragatshikshansanstha.org/)
AIM OF THE PROJECT
Improving children’s reading and writing by Capacity building of teachers with use of technology resulting in system strengthening in Phaltan Taluka to evolve a sustainable model for a large scale implementation.
The project is ongoing in 150 Zilla parishad schools in Phaltan taluka dist. Satara, Maharashtra since 2015.
Suitable candidates can apply with their CV for following posts. The candidates must be willing to shift to Phaltan for the said period of the project.
Post: Project officer (academic)
Requirement: 1 person
The project officer will be responsible for the following
- Giving academic inputs in training
- Compiling data received from the associates and generating periodic reports
- Creating resource material
- Guiding and nurturing project associates to achieve the larger goals of the project
- Liaison with Zilla parishad schools, teachers and Kendra pramukhs
- Liaison with govt officers
- Giving creative inputs in Web Based Portal (WBP)
- Managing WBP
- Reporting to Project Director about the progress as per the project design
- Visiting schools and giving inputs
Type of Post: Full time
Type of appointment: Contract
Duration: One year, starting June 2018
Location: Phaltan Dist. Satara Maharashtra
- Roles and responsibilities:
- Visit project schools
- Hold weekly meetings with project associates
- Take part in teacher training
- Write weekly and quarterly reports
- Help purchases
- Arrange material production workshops of Resource persons
- Make arrangements for TTWs
- Help the project director in his duties
- Perform additional project related duties time to time as per project director’s orders
- Must possess a smart phone and a Google account.
Qualification: Graduate/Post Graduate in the field of Education
- Excellent communication skills
- Leadership qualities
- Team player
- Good computer skills with command on MS office.
- Proficiency (reading, writing, speaking) in English and Marathi.
- Field experience will be advantageous
- Driving licence (two wheeler mandatory, four wheeler optional)
Salary: INR 33,000 per month
Please email your resume to Prakash Anbhule (firstname.lastname@example.org) with the subject line : Project Officer for NELPSPB project at PSS