Number of vacancies: 1 | Position: Research assistant
Chief Responsibilities: Carry out case studies on the management of two existing Marine Protected Areas in the Andaman Islands, in order to identify the opportunities and potential for participatory management in the future.
Project Details: We invite applications from suitable candidates for the position of Research Assistant in the Andaman and Nicobar Environment Team. This is a 6-month position to begin with, and can be extended on the basis of performance and mutual fit. The position requires a patient, resourceful individual to fulfil the following responsibilities:
1. To gather and analyse literature (including project reports, policy documents and scientific papers) on two MPAs in the Andaman Islands
2. Conduct interviews and focus group discussions with the main stakeholders
3. Review the existing management model in both MPAs and identify opportunities and potential for community participation in the management of such areas
Last date for applications: 31 March 2018
Location: Andaman Islands
Candidates must possess the following basic qualifications/skills:
- A Master’s degree in human ecology/development or other related social science disciplines
- Strong interpersonal skills with willingness to engage with a range of governmental and non-governmental actors
- Proficiency in Hindi and English
- Ability to adapt to basic living facilities and vagaries of local travel
Remuneration: Salary will be commensurate with qualifications and work experience, in line with our internal policy.
How to apply:
Submit a complete CV along with a cover letter (not exceeding one page) clearly conveying why you consider yourself a suitable candidate for this position
Provide the names of two referees along with their contact details in the CV
Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Last date to apply is 31 March, 2018. This position will be filled as soon as a suitable candidate is identified – interested individuals are requested to apply immediately. Short listed candidates will be invited for a personal interview.
Please email your application, addressed to Madhuri Ramesh and with the subject line ‘Application: Pilot Study on Participatory Management Opportunities in MPAs’, to email@example.com
Dakshin Foundation is a non-profit, non-governmental organisation based at Bangalore, India, with field offices and intervention across the coastline of India and in its oceanic islands. Our mission is to inform and advocate conservation and natural resource management, while promoting and supporting sustainable livelihoods, social development and environmental justice. To learn more about our interventions and research projects please take a look at our website, http://www.dakshin.org
Leave a Reply