1. Some places are not run-of-the-mill jobs. TYPF is a place to learn, challenge yourself, be blown away by people’s abilities to innovate and grow.
2. One Team: We believe in collaborative growth where your own only competition is you and there are enough opportunities to travel, learn, grow and discover to go around for everyone. At TYPF, you inherit other people’s ideas and then get supported to enable your own.
3. Complete Ownership: We invest in our staff and ensure that, regardless of age, they can take up leadership roles within the organisation and confidently represent TYPF in local, national, and international spaces.
4. Transparency: There’s nothing to hide at The YP Foundation. If you want to know something, just ask.
5. Radical Growth and Learning: Such places are not always easy places to work in, in that they ask a lot of you. Your ideas, your knowledge, your willingness to un-learn, your time and your abilities to work with other people. Its a commitment that runs both ways, yours and ours.
6. A Place for Institutional Misfits: We believe in thinking outside the box and are always willing to try out new ideas. TYPF is a place where people are fun to work with, out-spoken and passionate, where your voice has value and you are respected. At TYPF, the things we value include your sense of humour and your commitment to get things done.
7. The Un-Patriarchal Family: We believe in plurality, diversity and respect diverse forms of identity and leadership. We don’t discriminate on the basis of your disability, HIV status, gender, caste, religion or sexual orientation. You are encouraged to challenge the status quo.
8. Being Resourceful: Other then an unlimited supply of tea, coffee and internet, we believe in finding sustainable, cost effective ways of getting work done.
9. Self Care and the Individual: It isn’t just about the work, or being an expert at it. People at TYPF are the most precious resource we have and no one here goes ignored or unnoticed. TYPF has a generous leave policy and we encourage people to take time to take care of themselves.