PYLP is a two-year full time leadership development program which selects high potential youth from Punjab, takes them through rigorous training and provides them an enriching experience in the development space to bring about social transformation. Throughout this journey, the fellows will get continuous mentoring and support from experts in different fields. PYLP is the flagship program of Sanjhi Sikhya, an organization formed by the alumni of Young India Fellowship, Teach For India, Stanford, Ashoka
and Panjab University with the objective of building a cadre of youth leaders across the region who will go on to solve local problems in a sustainable way and bring back the strong value system Punjab was once known for.
Position Summary: Program Lead, PYLP
We are looking for someone who can lead the design and launch of PYLP. You will detail out the structure of the two-year program. This will require partnering with multiple stakeholders, doing ground research for placement of first batch of youth leaders and designing campaigns for recruitment. You will drive the vision forward, cultivate new champions for the vision and build the program team to take this further.
The base location could be either Delhi or Chandigarh.
● Designing the program with inputs from multiple stakeholders
● Leading partnerships for the execution of the program
● Facilitating collaboration among multiple stakeholders
● Building and managing the program team to handle multiple aspects of PYLP
● Leading the outreach of the program
Knowledge and Competencies
● Knowledge of social sector landscape in the country, prior experience of managing a fellowship program will be preferred
● Strong project management skills including assessing progress to goals and making the necessary course corrections or reinforcements
● Ability to invest stakeholders through effective and tactful communication in Punjabi, English, Hindi
● Ability to synthesize complex inconsistent information (quantitative and qualitative) towards effective long term focused decision making
● Ability to identify, build and manage inclusive win-win partnerships with a diverse group of stakeholders
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree (in policy/education/management/development desirable, not essential)
- Minimum 5 years of work experience across public, non-profit and civil society sectors preferred
- Experience of working directly with urban\rural communities, especially with youth, is essential
Why join us?
Punjab, once known for its thriving culture and rich heritage is deteriorating fast both economically and socially. While agriculture, in the breadbasket of the world is becoming unsustainable due to bad economic policies, a full generation is being lost to the drug menace and illegal immigration.
We, at Sanjhi Sikhya are building a community of change-makers who wish to bring change from the ground up. By investing in the leadership and focusing on transformation at rural level, we aim to showcase a model of development aimed at solving issues and challenges at local level.
You will be joining a group of highly committed development professionals from diverse fields who have spent 6+ years each in working in the development space in various capacities. From leading non-profits to setting up CSR initiatives, building community centres, transforming schools and leading social impact clubs; you will have a chance to add to this diverse group and take the idea of PYLP towards successful execution.
We are offering a competitive package and a lifetime of experience towards sowing seeds for a one-of its-kind rural transformation fellowship.
How to apply?
Send in your cover letter and updated CV in a single pdf to – firstname.lastname@example.org and subject line as “Application for Program Lead, PYLP”. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.