Looking for an exciting cross-cultural experience in a rural setting?
Pravah ICS for its last two batches is inviting applications for 30 young passionate individuals from diverse background across India to undergo a leadership journey of youth development, community development, and active citizenship.
Pravah International Citizen Service (ICS) is a 3-month volunteering program, fully funded by DFID (Department for International Development), UK Government, led by Voluntary Service Overseas (VSO) in partnership with Pravah.
A Pravah ICS volunteer is part of a diverse team of 20-25 volunteers from different parts of UK and India, lives with local families in the village where s/he is placed and works on different rural development projects.Through a consistent focus on personal growth and development of volunteers, complete rural and cultural immersion, this exposure develops a young person as an active citizen and adds value to their employability.
The program will take place in the rural pockets of two districts of Rajasthan i.e., Ajmer, with Manthan and Rajasmand with Jatan Sansthan
Your boarding and lodging would be taken care of by the programme. Additionally, a stipend: 700/- per week would be provided.
10th January – 8th April 2018
6th February – 1st May 2018
The applications for the 2018 batches are now open. Please click on the below link to apply online.
- Be aged between 18 to 25(As a volunteer) and 23 to 35 years (as a team leader) at the time you start your placement (you can apply at 17 if you will be 18 by the time you start the programme).
• Be committed to attending all training which you will be supported with throughout.
• Be able to stay away from home for 12 weeks during your placement.
• Be committed to sharing your experience with others and taking action in your local community when you return.
• Be willing to challenge yourself, adapt to different situations and work as part of a team.