Gubbachi Learning Community is an organisation that works to bridge the
learning competencies of underprivileged children. These children are, typically, Out of School, migrant children and first generation learners. We run the Bridge Learning Programme and the English Learning Programme in the Government schools.
Gubbachi LC core team includes five Alumni of Azim Premji University. Please circulate the following openings in networks as well.
Gubbachi LC is urgently looking for suitable people to join in two open positions. One role is that of an Operations Manager, the other role is that of a Student Facilitator for English.
ROLE: Operations Manager
If YOU share our concern for underprivileged children; believe that robust operations and strong HR processes will enable sustained growth for the organisation, thus reaching out to more beneficiaries, we encourage you to apply for the position of an Operations Manager.
Your role oversees the day to day administration of the centres. You will support the leadership by taking care of operational support duties. You shall foster a culture of accountability and ensure that organisational resources are used in the most cost-effective manner. This position requires a high degree of confidentiality in dealing with personnel and finance matters. The ability to be friendly, courteous and have a professional approach towards children and staff is an essential.
Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Day to day administrative functions ensuring the smooth running of centres.
2. Implementing robust processes through Budgeting, use of MIS and Reporting – Periodically.
3. Attending all training sessions.
4. Willingness to travel and stay over-night for trainings and operations.
Qualifications, Skills & Experience:
- Education: MSW/MBA/BSW/B.Com.
- Desirable: At least 3 years of progressive work experience in an organization or office setting in an administrative/operations position.
- Experience in managing and leading other staff teams.
- Able to work effectively in a multi-site organization with a matrix structure, requiring strong communication, organization & negotiation skills.
- Excellent English language skills, both written and oral with practical computer skills and competence with Microsoft office environment.
- Language Proficiency: Good Written and Oral communication skills in English and Kannada.
Preferred Age Bracket: 25-30 years
Other Required Attributes:
- Skilled at building strong relationships and networks with a wide range of stakeholders.
- Understanding of data and ability to work with technology.
- Ability to self-motivate, work independently, flexibly and with minimal supervision.
- Ability to think analytically and discern patterns in data to understand key insights.
- Should be flexible enough related to timings and travelling.
- Should be able to exhibit problem solving attitude with and without team help or support.
Compensation: 2.5 lakh INR CTC p.a.
How to Apply:Application letters enclosing a detailed Curriculum Vitae, current salary information, telephone contact and details of at least 3 relevant references.
Closing date for receiving applications is Sunday, 17 December 2017.
Email your resume to Rizwan: email@example.com
ROLE: Student Facilitator – English
If you have a passion for education, share our concern for underprivileged
children,and would like to coordinate and teach English; we invite you, to apply
for the position of a STUDENT FACILITATOR– Englishfor children
1. Teaching English in the Bridge Learning Program, and the Government Primary School using a child friendly approach.
2. Organizing the classroom and creating a positive learning atmosphere.
3. Meeting requirements for the assessment and recording of children’s development.
4. Preparing reports for internal and external requirements.
5. Working with other facilitators/volunteers to plan and coordinate work.
6. Visiting the parent community if and when necessary.
Must also have:
- Love for children.
- Open to seeking, exploring and engaging with new ideas.
- Have a concern for the inequality in education as an issue.
- Graduation in any discipline and/or a teaching certification in English Learning/Montessori.
Honorarium can be discussed
Location: Sarjapur Road, Bangalore.
Email your resume to Nomita: firstname.lastname@example.org
To know more about Gubbachi
Visit us at http://www.gubbachilearningcommunity.org
Call us: Somya: +91 99160 44543 or Nomita: +91 98862 37002
Opening JD-Operations Manager-GUBBACHI LC
Leave a Reply