Every person across rural India deserves to lead a more secure, prosperous, and dignified life. With that vision in mind, Sehgal Foundation’s mission is to strengthen community-led development initiatives to achieve positive social, economic, and environmental change across rural India. With support from donors and partners, Sehgal Foundation designs and promotes rural development interventions that create opportunities, build resilience, and provide solutions to some of the most pressing challenges in India’s poorest communities.
DEVELOPMENT RESEARCH AND POLICY INITIATIVES (DRPI)
DRPI focuses on strategic and policy level studies, and attempts to understand poverty dynamics in a rural context and throws light on concepts of vulnerability, exclusion and marginalization. The theme also attempts to contribute to the larger body of knowledge through participating in thematic discourses which align with the ambit of Sehgal Foundation’s work. Organizing roundtables and conferences on key development issues is an important component of this theme which furthers the purpose of disseminating knowledge created at the grassroots.
Sehgal Foundation has the following opening in DRPI:
POSITION: Research Associate
Reports to: Director, DRPI
1. Collect qualitative data through Focus Group Discussions, Key Informant Interviews, Case Studies and Observations in rural contexts relevant to Sehgal Foundation’s work
2. Edit the raw dataset obtained from the field before the data entry process. Coordinate correction work and documentation of errors
3. Conduct training sessions on qualitative and quantitative tools with the research field team
4. Assist in formulation of tools
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
1. Masters degree in areas of Social Sciences
2. At least one year experience of working with rural or urban communities
3. Strong communication skills in both Hindi and English
Compensation: 3 – 4 Lakhs Per Annum based on the qualification and experience. Women and candidates from underrepresented groups are especially encouraged to apply.
Deadline for application: 15th December, 2017
How to apply
Those with required background and qualifications may submit their resume and cover letter indicating expression of interest to email@example.com, with subject line – Application for post of Research Associate, DRPI