Centre for Research & Education for Social Transformation (CREST) is an autonomous institution involved with research and educational programmes that are relevant for the marginalized communities of India. The Centre is taking two women interns for a period of 2-3 months staring from January 2018
The interns will be working with a group of 40 graduates from Dalit/Adivasi and minority communities of Kerala who are undergoing Post Graduate Certificate Course for Professional Development at CREST.
Criteria for selection
• Masters Degree holders in social science / Humanities from reputed institutions outside Kerala
• Excellent oral and writing communication skills in English
• Willingness to work as part of a closely integrated team
• Ability to provide small group tutorial
• Involve with the studies on a broad range of issues relevant for the Dalit and Adivasi communities of India
• Understanding on the issues concerning the socially excluded /underprivileged communities in India
The interns are expected to
• Assist in conducting the Post Graduate Certificate Course for Professional Development
• Prepare a short working paper on themes relevant for Dalit/ Adivasi issues
• Assist students in group projects
• Provide small group tutorials
• Provide soft skills for the students at CREST
• Involve with outreach programs relating to higher education of Dalit/Adivasi communities of Kerala
Internships at CREST provide a unique opportunity to outstanding young scholars interested developing communities of Kerala.
The Interns will be based in Calicut, Kerala. Free accommodation can be provided to women interns. CREST will provide Rs. 12000/- towards expenses for food.
Please send by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org along with the following application materials and include Internship vacancies in the subject line:
• A cover letter
• One reference (to be sent directly to Professor. D.D.Nampoothiri, Executive Director, CREST email@example.com)
Application Deadline 20 November 2017. We strongly encourage women candidates to apply. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. For more information on the internship please contact Vinod Krishnan, Associate Programme Coordinator, CREST at firstname.lastname@example.org