JOB SPECIFICATION: Executive – Fundraising & Communications
Department: Fundraising and Communications
Proposed Immediate Superior: Director Fundraising and Communications
Arpan is an award winning organization working hard to address the issue of child
sexual abuse in India. Based in Mumbai, Arpan is the largest NGO in India in this
specific area with over 50 social workers and counselors providing prevention and
intervention services to children and adults. Over the last 8 years Arpan has reached
out to over 90,000 children and adults directly through its services and over 240,000
indirectly through training and capacity building of various stakeholders and public and
policy advocacy. Arpan’s key project is teaching children personal safety skills in
schools so that they can identify and seek help in an unsafe situation. Arpan also
empowers teachers, parents with knowledge, attitude and skills to prevent and deal with
child sexual abuse. Arpan aspires to reach out to millions of more children and adults to
safeguard the innocent and vulnerable children and hopes to scale by building new
engagement models with schools around the country.
We are now at an inflection point in our journey: In order to achieve our aspirations, we
are developing two distinct verticals to support the organization. One focused on
services delivery, and the other aimed at ensuring strengthened strategic
communications with our various stakeholders.
Key Objectives of the Job – Raising funds and awareness for a complex and unacknowledged issue such as child sexual abuse.
Major Deliverables The major responsibilities are:
1. Research and identify potential donors (corporate, Foundations, PSUs etc.)
2. Develop contact and network in the different types/range of industries where we align with their CSR Policy
3. Design and implement individual fundraising plan, quarterly action plans, achieve individual targets, and develop relationships with companies
4. Write proposals and presentations to pitch for business development
5. Responsible for day-to- day administration of fundraising target including tracking and updating target vs. achievement, keeping records up-to- date
6. Work closely with other units, particularly the programs, marketing & communications, to ensure Arpan is represented and positioned appropriately
7. Conceptualize fundraising campaigns. Also, prepare fundraising marketing material and content with the Communications team
8. Maintain a database of all donors, including, potential corporate donors.
9. Identify strategic partnership opportunities to disseminate Arpan resources
Job Challenge 1. Arpan has been focused on HNIs for fundraising. The challenge will be in developing the strategy and raising funds from Corporates, foundations, PSUs etc.
Specialized job competencies
1. Strong communications skills, with an ability to explain Arpan’s story in a concise manner across a diverse stakeholder set.
2. Strong project management skills, with a track record of successful execution of organizational/ department strategy.
3. Demonstrated skills of achieving targets and developing new fundraising
Educational Qualification MBA/PGDBM in Marketing &communications
Desired Experience Combination of corporate experience and social sector work. Experience in child sexual abuse or psychology is NOT a requirement. Critical to have extensive experience in a role that is accountable for communications with an external group.
Other desired attributes Ability to work in a small team; interested in setting up and building organizations for the long term, good inter-personal skills; ability to handle high pressure situations
Salary range As per market standards and relevant academic qualifications and experiential background of the selected candidate
Interested candidates should mail resumes to: firstname.lastname@example.org and