The mission of Jhamtse Gatsal Children’s Community is to provide a loving home and quality education to local at-risk children who are first generation learners. The Community is founded on the principles of love and compassion as well as mindful and sustainable living whereby we try to live simple lives in tune with local practices. We grow some of our own food organically and harness solar energy to power some of our buildings. Our goal is to become energy independent in the next five to seven years using solar and wind energy. Currently, the Community has 89 children who are studying in Classes PreK to 12. The Community is located in the remote foothills of the Himalayas in the Tawang District of Arunachal Pradesh near the Bhutan and Tibet borders.
To learn more about the Community and our work, please visit our website @ jhamtsegatsal.org and our Facebook page @Jhamtse Gatsal.
Roles and Responsibilities
The roles and responsibilities would include:
• Classroom instruction of subject matter
• Real-life application of academic material through active participation in the Community’s
experiential education initiatives
• Development of K-8 curriculum which balances academic and experiential education
• Participation in all community-level activities with heart
• Being a model adult for children
• A conscious and mindful effort to live simply and happily with limited urban amenities
• A desire to connect with people from different cultural backgrounds
• Manage stress levels due to a flexible and dynamic work environment
• Good written and oral communication as well as interpersonal skills
Skills and Qualifications
We seek innovative and skilled teachers with:
• A heart and passion for teaching
• Strong subject knowledge and a sound understanding of the CBSE curriculum for all classes
• An ability to individualize instruction to meet each student’s needs
• Motivation to encourage and inspire students to love learning and excel in academic and real life skills
• A keen interest in using ICT tools to support their teaching
• Experience teaching secondary and higher secondary classes strongly preferred for high school
• A Bachelors or Masters degree in area of expertise and a B.Ed degree preferred
• An interest in sports and extracurricular activities
• A desire to serve those who are less fortunate and to raise children mindfully and responsibly
• Sound physical and mental health
Subjects: Chemistry, high school (1), Physics, high school (1) General Sciences, middle school (1)
Compensation Package Negotiable based on experience and commitment
Application Process Interested candidates are requested to send in a copy of their resume and cover letter to Vasudha Wanchoo, Managing Director, Jhamtse Gatsal Children’s Community, Lumla at email@example.com.
For enquiries, please write at the email address above or call at +91 9402201964.