Vrutti is a Centre for Sustainable Livelihoods, enhancing people’s well-being through knowledge, innovation and transformative actions. Our passion is to bring about solutions at a scale that eliminate inequities and marginalisation, and create wealth for the marginalised. We strongly believe that dynamic, strong, and responsible private sector is a critical ingredient to achieve this, combined with synergetic relationships between people, civil society and public bodies to ensure equity.
Towards this, we develop market-based models of development building on community strengths and promote a culture of entrepreneurship, and facilitate and nutture partnerships to reach scale. We emphasise on working across levels; we (a) design innovative solutions; (b) collaborate with partners to implement at a scale; (c) support development partners to improve their strategies and results; (d) generate evidence and share knowledge for adoption; and (e) make meaningful engagement for shaping polices for sustaining change.
Job Title: State coordinator- NRLM Evaluation
Department: Monitoring & Evaluation
|Background||Vrutti along with Stanford University and 3ie is conducting the Impact evaluation of the National Rural Livelihood Mission across 7 states of the country. The impact evaluation study has been funded by BMGF. The other stakeholders in the assignment The NRLM project is implemented through the SLRMs in different states. The core team for the evaluation will be supported by a state level coordinator in each state who will be the point person for the coordination, management and rapport building with the SLRMs.|
|About the assignment||National Rural Livelihood Mission (NRLM) is a poverty alleviation project implemented by Ministry of Rural Development, Government of India. This scheme is focused on promoting self-employment and organization of rural poor. The basic idea behind this programme is to organize the poor into SHG (Self Help Groups) groups and make them capable for self-employment. In 1999 after restructuring Integrated Rural Development Programme(IRDP), Ministry of Rural Development (MoRD) launched Swarnajayanti Grameen Swarojgar Yojana (SGSY) to focus on promoting self-employment among rural poor. SGSY is now remodeled to form NRLM thereby plugging the shortfalls of SGSY programme. This scheme was launched in 2011 with a budget of $5.1 billion and is one of the flagship programmes of Ministry of Rural Development. This is one of the world’s largest initiatives to improve the livelihood of poor. This programme is supported by World Bank with a credit of $1 Billion. The next phase of the project will be implemented post June 2018.|
|Key Objectives of the Job||
· Support project/program staff on ways to properly document, organize and capture evaluation progress.
· Ensure that all data related queries from partners are addressed in an accurate and timely manner
· Perform field visits to ensure the quality of data collected by field data collection team
· Obtain data from the MIS and process evaluation documents from the state livelihood missions and relay them to the core team.
· Engage with the state level program teams to build rapport and make them understand the utility of the evaluation exercise.
· Collaborate with the Program staff to prepare monthly, quarterly and final narrative on the study protocols and the process protocols.
· Ensure accurate updates related to evaluation are shared with core teams, Senior Management and External Partners/Donors in a timely manner
· Ensure the training of the field data collection teams with the aim of ensuring good quality data collection.
· Other related tasks assigned by the supervisor
|Specialized job competencies||· Knowledge of and experience in designing and using Research and M & E tools, survey, surveillance systems and evaluations
· Strong leadership, interpersonal and collaboration skills; proven ability to be flexible in a team-oriented approach.
· Good command over MS office software package i.e. Excel, Word and PowerPoint is required.
· Writing skills in English, Hindi and preferable in state specific local language, both on-line and off-line.
· Articulate in verbal communication especially in English and Hindi.
· Traveling to intervention sites will be required.
· Well acquainted with statistical packages and database mgt. systems such as SPSS, STATA, SQL etc. would be a plus.
· Work experience with State governments is preferred. Experience working in livelihood sector is a plus
· Experience in Internet communication, social networking and digital platforms.
· Should be able to work towards targets and multi-task
|Educational Qualification||A post-graduate degree in social sciences, development studies, statistics, demography, economics or related field|
|Desired Experience||3-5 years of experience (negotiable)|
|Other desired attributes||Ability to work in a small team; self-driven and motivated|
|State of operations||Commensurate with qualifications, experience and salary history.|
|Location||State capital for the following states:
2. Madhya Pradesh
|Salary range||Dependent on commiserate|