Go Book Bank is a non-profit trust.
Our objectives are:
- To take books to places where they are not available, and
- To achieve English literacy among children in the communities of our outreach.
How it works:
- Go Book Bank installs libraries within communities of need.
- The librarian runs the library for free borrowing within the community.
- The librarian conducts literacy programs with children in the community.
- Go Book Bank and Leap For Word jointly train the librarian.
- The librarian hires people to deliver books to customers of Go Book Bank in their neighborhood.
What we achieve:
- Community-based libraries in areas where there were no libraries.
- Literacy: Within 4 months participants in the program are able to read 4-letter words with complete literacy achieved in only 24 months.
- Trained and active entrepreneurs who create new employment opportunities.
We are fully funded to support 5 librarians’ salaries for three years and one change maker (you!) at a monthly salary of 25K Rs.
The changemaker is required to: undergo the training for the literacy program at Leap For Word in Maharashtra for 2 weeks, return and set up the libraries, hire five librarians and train them, and conduct activities based on the Community Library Project.
We are looking at a person to get things done, we are just getting started and the learning curve with us will be high. We would like to receive a commitment of at least 3 years (hopefully more).
Those interested, please do email to Mr. Ravi Menezes – firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule an interview.