We’re the world’s learning company, with 35,000 employees across 70 countries worldwide. Our unique insight and world-class expertise comes from our long history of working closely with teachers, learners, researchers, authors, and thought leaders. Our products and services are used by millions of teachers and learners around the world every day.
At Pearson India, we’re working towards opening up a world of opportunities in education by offering effective, accessible and personalized learning for everyone. Learning changes everything. Whether it’s helping people find a job to support their families, shape their careers or simply feed their passion for knowledge, learning improves everyone’s lives.
The Editor (K-12), English, in collaboration with the senior editor and the project lead is responsible for undertaking end-to-end projects, designing their structure, assessing them for pedagogical value, identifying third party content, taking ownership of costs, formatting/layout and design specifics to ensure that the needs of the learner are met. He/She is responsible for manuscript review/development and for ensuring its adherence to specifications, standards, and content requirements and delivering a project end-to-end, in collaboration with internal team and external vendor. The position is a full-time one and is based out of Noida. If selected, the candidate has to join immediately.
- Should have a minimum 2– 3 years of experience in a similar capacity
- Working knowledge of industry standard development and/or production processes.
- Ability to envisage a product from end-to-end.
- Excellent organization, time management, prioritization, and planning skills.
- Ability to manage external vendors and freelancers effectively.
- Ability to work and multi-task in a fast-paced environment with accuracy, composure and adaptability.
- Demonstrates ability to adapt to market trends quickly.
- Commands analytical and pragmatic problem-solving abilities and strong interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrates ability to coordinate with teams and vendors and manage projects.
- Should have a postgraduate degree in English.
- Experience in digital product development and vendor will serve as additional advantage.
- Developing innovative, attractive and student-friendly content, both print and digital, by understanding and facilitating a student’s needs and an instructor’s requirements.
- Managing multiple projects, liaising with authors/freelancers/vendors and maintaining schedules to meet deadlines.
- Ensuring that the final product is of the highest possible quality within the constraints of time and budget.
- Taking ownership of project P&L
- Designing curriculum-oriented courseware and market-oriented learning solutions.
- Supporting the sales and marketing teams during promotions by undertaking editorial travel.
- Making sure that the production process runs smoothly and there is smooth exchange between internal and external stakeholders.
- Liaising effectively with manufacturing, production, product management functions.
Email the resume to email@example.com