If you have a penchant for writing, a flair for editing, if you enjoy reading children’s literature and have an opinion or ideas on how to make them fun and meaningful for children, come work with us at Eklavya’s magazine Chakmak.
Our flagship publication for children aged 11-14 years has been in print since 1985. At Chakmak, we think of children as discerning individuals, which is why we carry articles in diverse forms and styles, and on a plethora of topics. In addition to science and literature we focus on art in Chakmak, and in all these areas we push the traditional boundaries normally imposed on any material produced for children. Our objective is for Chakmak to be a rich experience for children. Our content is created by adults and by children as well.
Position: Associate Editor
Salary range – Rs. 25,000/- 30,000/- (negotiable)
Educational Qualification: Graduate/ Post Graduate
Experience: 5-6 years in editing and/or writing in Hindi (preferably for children and young adults)THIS CAN BE WAIVED FOR APU APPLICANTS 🙂
You will be working as part of a team. Your responsibilities will include the timely production of the magazine. The main focus of your work will be on:
- The selection of material for each issue, copy editing, content editing
- Ensuring the quality of translation of some articles
- Liaisoning with illustrators and designers to best present the pages of each issue
- Bringing in new authors, working on new ideas for the magazine
- Visiting children’s book fairs, participating in forums that discuss children’s issues