Partners for Law in Development (PLD) is resource group working for the advancement of women’s rights and social justice through the law. Our approach to human rights draws strongly upon indivisibility of civil, political with the economic, social and cultural rights with women’s rights as a central area of concern. For more information about our organization’s work, please visit our website.
We are looking for an intern to work with us on two projects over the summer at PLD
Partners for Law in Development(PLD) is looking for an intern to assist us with two projects over the summer.
Monitoring the implementation of Sexual Harassment at Workplace (Prevention, Prohibition and Redressal) Act, 2013
PLD is conducting a monitoring and evaluation of the implementation of the Sexual Harassment at Workplace Act, 2013 by all the state governments in India. We expect the intern to:
- Collate responses to RTI applications by state governments in a data sheet.
- Analyze the data to assess implementation of the Act.
Feminist Law Archives (FLA)
Feminist Law Archives is an initiative of PLD to document the struggle of the women’s movement in India with the Law by collecting unpublished and rarely available documents like pamphlets, memorandums, petitions and reports. We expect the intern to:
- Assist in annotating documents on the FLA website.
- Assist in digitizing archival material and upload it on the website.
- Increase tags on all the posts and assist us in increasing visibility of our website through Search Engine Optimization(SEO).
- Graduate or postgraduate in Social Sciences/ Law and interest in issues related to gender and sexuality.
- Ability to work with Microsoft Office (and preferably WordPress).
- Must be motivated, organized and possess good research skills.
Schedule and Compensation:
- This internship is voluntary and the intern will be expected to come to our office regularly for a month.
- Upon successful completion of the internship, the intern will be given a certification of appreciation.
Starting Date: 27th June, 2017
How to Apply:
All applications must be accompanied by a CV, a statement of interest no longer than a page, and the name and contact of a referee. Applications must be emailed by 10th June to email@example.com with a subject line saying ‘Application for Internship.’
For inquiries and clarifications about the content of the project, please write to the email id provided above.