SOCIAL EMPOWERMENT FELLOWSHIP – 2017/18
The Department of Social Welfare, Government of Andhra Pradesh (GoAP) is dedicated to the development of the socially & economically marginalized Scheduled Castes in Andhra Pradesh & is mandated to design & implement programs for their integrated development with an intent to bridge gaps in various development indicators between the SCs and the larger society.
DESIGN OF PROGRAM
The Government of Andhra Pradesh has embarked on an ambitious vision to become a developed state in respect of all socio –economic indicators by the year 2029. In this context, the Fellowship is designed to provide young professionals, a working exposure, to policy design and program implementation, where they are expected to lead and manage programs to impact significant increase in the development indicators of economically and socially marginalised communities (SCs) in the state.
• Identify gaps in policy & processes.
• Develop insights and innovative ideas to address the identified gaps.
• Spot redundancies and interventions leading to efficient & optimised operations.
• Scope and identify convergence models leading to better delivery.
• Identify best practices & rigorous research for program design.
• Document “as-is” & develop optimised, sustainable, practical & implementable “to-be” models running on efficient IT platforms.
• Develop, document, monitor & backstop implementation of interventions based on the approved “tobe” models across a minimum of 2 lifecycles with baseline & outcome studies.
• Collaborate & Coordinate with all internal/external stakeholders for collating, managing and disseminating relevant knowledge.
• Create pitch decks and deliver the same to a wide variety of audience.
• Candidate must possess a consistent track record of academic & workplace excellence and have showcased his potential for leadership.
•Performance in standardised examinations such as GRE/GATE/GMAT/CAT/NEET/JEE/OTHER STATE, NATIONAL & INTERNATIONAL EXAMINATIONS will be taken into consideration during the short listing of candidates. The candidates are encouraged to report the same in their CV.
• Professional certification obtained in relevant verticals are desirable, but not essential.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Experience in data collection and synthesis of multiple data sources.
• Detailed knowledge of Microsoft applications required.
•Possess skills of analysis, planning, detail-orientation and self-disciplined implementing.
•Ability to process large amounts of data & convert to useful interventions.
•Ability to multi-task and deliver results in challenging internal and external environment.
• Critical thinking and problem solving skills.
• Effective inter-personal skills, pro-active nature and work in multi-cultural and multi locational environment.
• Skills in planning, organization for delivering efficiently & successfully in tight deadlines.
• Knowledge of Telugu preferred but not mandatory.
• Stay in Vijayawada is mandatory.
SELECTION PROCESS AND TIMELINES
Stage 1: Completion of online application (http://bit.ly/2pG41vY) and submission of CV to
email@example.com <Application goes live on 10:00 AM 8th May 2017 . Application period ends midnight, 29th May>
Stage 2: Screening of submitted application by Department of Social Welfare. < 29th May – 2nd June, 2017 >
Stage 3: Following a review of the CV, the shortlisted candidate will be invited to the Panel interview < Panel interview dates 5th June to 9th June, 2017 >
Stage 4: Results announcement – 10th June 2017
Stage 5: Verification of original documents and on-boarding. < Reporting dates between 11th June -17th June, 2017 >
Interview will involve a conversation and a walkthrough of the candidate’s prior experience, learnings and aptitude. Interview will also involve simple case studies of situations pertaining to the delivery of welfare programs. Interested candidate is expected to possess an understanding of the various schemes under the Department of Social Welfare, Government of Andhra Pradesh. All decisions taken by the interview panel with regard to the appointment of Fellows are final and binding.
• STIPEND (PER CANDIDATE)
• Year 1 stipend – INR 85,000 (Specialist Fellows), INR 1,25,000 (Managerial Fellows).
• Maximum of 15% increment on above Total for Year 2 of Fellowship, based on performance.
• NB – The stipend may be modulated according to the Fellows’ work experience, their educational background and their interview performance
• REQUIRED EXPERIENCE – At least 2 years relevant work experience for Specialist Fellows and at least 7 years relevant work experience for Managerial Fellows.
• DURATION OF ENGAGEMENT – 2 years with half-yearly performance reviews.
• PRIMARY LOCATION – Vijayawada, Andhra Pradesh
• ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA –Post Graduate degree is mandatory. An indicative list of specialisations benchmarked to appropriate verticals include across Education, Economics, Public Policy, Public Administration, Management, Social Work, Public Health, Computer Science/Computer Applications, Nutrition, Psychology from highly reputed national and international institutions. MBBS candidates from highly reputed institutes will also be considered for the school health vertical. However, applications from all specialisations and all institutions listed or not listed here will be considered on individual merit. Maximum eligible age Specialist Fellows 32 and Managerial Fellow is 35. Only Indian nationals are eligible.
•For any further queries, please feel free to reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org