|The German Chancellor Fellowship for tomorrow’s leaders
Application deadline: 15 September 2017 – Start of fellowship: 1 October 2018
The Alexander von Humboldt Foundation grants up to 50 German Chancellor Fellowships every year to prospective leaders from Brazil, China, India, Russia and the USA – irrespective of their field of work. Recipients use the fellowship to conduct together with their German host and mentor a socially-relevant project that they have developed themselves.
The German Chancellor Fellowship in a nutshell
· A monthly fellowship of €2,150, €2,450 or €2,750, depending on your qualifications
· Individual mentoring during your stay in Germany
· Additional financial support for items such as family members accompanying you, travel expenses or a German language course
· A study tour of Germany, an opportunity to meet the German chancellor at the end of your stay and a number of events during which you can make contact with other fellows and representatives of German companies and institutions
· Extensive alumni sponsorship, particularly to help you sustain contact with collaborative partners in Germany during your entire professional career
· The applicant must be a national of Brazil, China, India, Russia or the United States.
· Bachelor’s or equivalent academic degree completed less than twelve years before the beginning of the fellowship
· A confirmation of supervision by the host in Germany
· A project plan which candidates must draw up on their own and coordinate with their host.
· Initial proven leadership experience
Further information, a list of all application requirements and a link to the online application form are available at www.humboldt-foundation.de/youngleaders.
Advice and contact
If you have any questions regarding the German Chancellor Fellowship Programme or would like individual guidance, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Chancellor of the Federal Republic of Germany is the patron of this fellowship programme.