Vacancy Position – Research Associate, Education
Job Code: RA
Location: New Delhi, India
Type of employment: Contractual
Duration: 12 months (extendable, based on funding), full-time
About the Job:
The Centre for Equity Studies (CES) is looking for a Research Associate for preparation of pedagogic materials and guides for university teachers and students based on chapters from the India Exclusion Report, the flagship annual publication brought out by the organisation. The candidate will also be expected to provide assistance to the director with research around several themes, including the history of communal violence in independent India; nationalism and secularism; hunger and the right to food; urban homelessness; unorganized labour; rural and urban poverty; and human rights. The candidate will be expected to provide research support around themes of exclusion, labour rights, unemployment, land rights etc, as the research team might require from time to time.
1. The primary responsibility of the candidate will be to help prepare pedagogic materials and guides for university teachers and students based on chapters from our annual publication The India Exclusion Report.
2. Assisting the director in secondary research, as required and writing sections of the chapter(s), Article(s), Research Paper(s) around several themes.
3. The research assistant will also be expected to provide editing and research support to the team, or support in organizing events, as allotted by the programme manager from time to time.
4. Other responsibilities:
• Based on interest and previously assigned responsibilities, the candidate will assist with field-based and desk research on the other on-going research projects at CES.
• As and when required, the candidate will also draft proposals to apply for funding for different research projects.
• Potential candidates should have a Master’s degree in Education, Development Studies, public policy social anthropology, sociology or any related social science discipline.
• Candidates with prior experience in preparing education materials, or working in the education sector will be preferred
• Candidates should have 0-3 years of professional experience in the development sector.
• Candidate should have excellent writing skills in English and an understanding of issues related to exclusion and development.
• Between INR 25,000 – 30,000, based on academic and work-experience, as per the CES pay scale.
Centre for Equity Studies is an equal opportunity and diversity sensitive employer. Preference will be given to suitably qualified women and LGBTQ/SC/ST/ Muslims and other minorities and persons with disability candidates for the positions offered.
Please send in your CV, cover letter and a relevant writing sample of 1500-2000 words to email@example.com by 31st March 2017. Mention the job code – “RA, Sankaran Research Unit” in the subject line. If shortlisted, we will contact you by the 5th of April, 2017. Please do not wait for the last date to apply as we will conduct interviews on a rolling basis.
Leave a Reply