The India Centre for Migration (ICM) is a ‘not for profit’ society established by the Ministry of External Affairs (MEA) in July, 2008 to serve as a think tank on all matters relating to International Migration. The Centre undertakes empirical, analytical and policy related research, implements pilot projects to document good practices and assists in capacity building of stakeholders at the sub-national level.
ICM is inviting applications for its internship programme. In 2017-18, there are three
internships available to apply. Successful interns shall be allotted one of the following 3 studies that are of interest to the Centre. The studies includes:
a. Emigration Management Bill.
b. Designing country profiles for select countries on skill, jobs and opportunities, skills and qualification requirements, emigration policies and other rules and regulations.
c. Flow of remittances to India: issues and challenges.
The internship program provides an opportunity to carry out substantive policy research including analysis and providing inputs that would be useful to the Overseas Indian Affairs (OIA) Division of the Ministry of External Affairs (MEA).
i. Graduates with 60% and three years of experience in the subjects mentioned
at para I.
ii. Masters in Social Sciences with 55%
Preferences will be given to candidates with higher qualification and experience.
Deliverables for the above mentioned studies will be informed at the time of allocating the studies to successful interns.
Duration: 4 Months, with a possibility of extension.
Remuneration: A consolidated amount of Rs. 30,000/month
The advertisement for the internship will be placed on MEA’s Portal and circulated among professors associated with academic institutions in and also outside Delhi, and who are working in the area of international migration/ labour migration, to recommend students with requisite qualification. ICM will shortlist 10 candidates for interviews. An Interview Committee, approved by the competent authority, shall identify 3 suitable candidates for the internship programme.
1. Interns will work under the guidance of CEO, ICM or officers as nominated by the competent authority.
2. Interns are expected to be full-time with ICM during the term of the internship.
3. He/she will be required to submit a written report of 1000 words once in every 15 days to CEO, ICM as per the format of ICM.
4. Four months after joining the internship program, he/she will make a presentation to Committee set up by ICM which will evaluate the research study
5. A final presentation will be made to an identified Expert Committee set up by MEA 15 days before the end of internship to review and finalize the report as per the identified deliverables
6. The interns are required to submit a final report consisting of at least 6,000 words including sources of data, key observations, analysis, findings, recommendations for MEA etc.,
7. The offer of internship is subject to satisfactory performance of the individual and can be terminated on a 15-day notice by ICM without specifying any reason.
8. Interns will be entitled to a maximum of 1 leave per month during the Fellowship period with prior approval of CEO, ICM. The leave, however, shall not be encashable.
9. All intellectual property arising out of the research study shall be owned by ICM. However, the interns will be permitted to use the output for intellectual pursuit, educational and teaching purposes. He/she will be permitted to publish only after prior approval of CEO, ICM
10. Commercialization of research outcomes funded by ICM shall be subject to express permission and terms agreed to by ICM
Mode of Application
The applicants can send their updated resume and a copy of most recent publications, if any, to ICM to email@example.com. Please fill up all details pertaining academic qualifications, experience, list of publications and work experience as per the format/table given in this advertisement. Applications sent otherwise shall not be considered.
Applicant’s information in tables:
All applications have to be submitted with the latest CV and details filled in the format as shown below, along with other important details.
|Degree||Subject||Name of the University||Duration(from –to)||Percentage/ Class|
|Organization||Designation||From||To||Responsibilities handled||Total years (per org)|
|Grand total no. of years of work experience|
|S. No||Name of the journal book||Title of the work/article by applicant||Year publication||Name of
|Name of the
|Title of article||Year of
|Name of the publisher|
Details of Fellowship/grant:
|S. No||Details of fellowship||Organization||Year|
Applications for the internship program will be received till 04.04.2017.
The Competent Authority reserves the right to relax the essential requirements for the selection of intern/s in exceptional cases. As such, candidates not fulfilling the essential requirements may also apply.