Centre for Budget and Policy Studies (CBPS) is an independent, non-partisan, research institute based in Bangalore, India. Our vision is creation and sharing of knowledge for an empowered, equitable, just and democratic society. We work towards our vision through: (a) Research and evaluation in the areas of policy, budget, governance, and public service delivery; (b) Focussed towards sectors such as education, gender, agriculture, health and water are our special focus areas; (c) Evidence based advocacy and dissemination through a variety of approaches; and (d) Capacity enhancement of diverse stakeholders at various levels. We have openings for research assistants or associates We have openings for research assistants or associates. We are looking for candidates with an interest in qualitative research projects, with also a specific interest in areas of education and skills development. The selected candidate will be required to undertake extensive ethnographic field work in Karnataka (or elsewhere depending on the scope of the project), along with qualitative data analysis and report writing.
The following are the required qualifications:
- Preferred educational qualifications are – Masters in any discipline in the Social Sciences (e.g., Sociology, Anthropology, Education, Economics, Social Work, Psychology, Development Studies)
- Knowledge / understanding of critical social science literature
- Knowledge / experience with qualitative research techniques
- Ability to work in multi-disciplinary teams.
- Excellent management and organizational skills.
- Ability to work independently
- Good writing skills
Additional skills that would be helpful is:
- The ability to read and write Kannada and/or Hindi
- Some knowledge and ability to use statistical techniques / packages like STATA, R, SAS
Those with at least two-three years of experience of work (or a relevant research degree) in economic and/ or social policies or a relevant research degree will be considered for the post of Research Associate. The remuneration will be comparable with the academic/ civil society based research organisations, and commensurate with the individual’s qualification / experience. Interested individuals should submit their latest resume (MS Word format) with two references and a sample of research writing to email@example.com. Queries can be directed to Mrinalika R Pandit at 080-26560735 between 10 a.m. and 6 p.m. Monday to Friday. The last date for sending the applications is 20 March 2017.