For our country, skill development is critical for both economic growth and social development. Providing a mechanism to acquire skills, empowering the disadvantaged sections of society with skilling opportunities and creating a skill growth program for continuous improvement is the surest way of achieving inclusive and sustainable growth.
The task of developing skills of informal workers is complex and challenging. Many leave their homes at an early age with poor or no skill-sets and enter the market with limited bargaining power. Statistics indicate an estimated 92.6% of persons in the age group of 15-59 not having received any form of skill training. This speaks volumes about the inability of this target group to get formal / organized sector jobs – they are compelled to take up low paid, unproductive jobs in the informal sector .Developing skills of informal sector workers has emerged as a key area of intervention to improve the quality of life and reduce the vulnerabilities of this segment of population.
Disha Foundation, Nashik has partnered with the ‘Tata Trusts’ Skills Initiative for Informal Sector Workers’ which is proposed to demonstrate better ways to make skills development more inclusive for informal sector workers.
Roles and Responsibility:
1. Develop work plans for training activity, follow up and consistently improve implementation procedures in consultation with Skill head.
2. Liaise with block/district community leaders and other stakeholders to create a supportive environment to set up/improve training facilities and support project staff for the coordination & implementation of training programs.
3. Participate in all related activities for the assigned area.
4. Identify gaps at all levels, find solutions to bridge the gap and finalize it in consultation with the supervisor.
5. Prepare the monthly, quarterly, six monthly and yearly reports of the project activities.
6. Field visits to provide support for field level training & awareness programs on livelihood training programs.
7. Support the local community volunteers (Shramik and Udyog Mitras) to mobilize and coordinate trainings as well to identify potential candidates.
8. Good knowledge & experience of providing technical assistance on quality improvement in the Livelihood sector.
9. Document project activities and prepare monthly progress reports and provide input for the quarterly and annual project’s reports.
10. Prepare the training reports of the activities taking place under the livelihood trainings program
11. Work in close coordination with the Skill Head in all aspect of monitoring & evaluation, data management and reporting activities.
12. Support Skill Head in linking migrant workers with relevant jobs and serve as link between the community and the organization.
13. Monitor progress of livelihood trainings and provide constructive feedback.
14. Provide analyzed report to the project staff as and when required
15. Attend and participate in data related internal & external meetings.
16. Take up other work as assigned by supervisor.
Skills and Knowledge:
1. Self motivated and able to work independently with minimum instructions and support
2. Should be able to lead team of diverse members from grass root to top levels
3. Computer skills- MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and Internet Explorer, working knowledge of SPSS Software and Atlasti are preferred.
4. Be prepared to take up additional responsibilities as the organization and its work profile is expanding
5. Respect for the core values of Disha and have high level empathy towards the project participants.
6. Have excellent planning, implementation, facilitation and presentation skills
7. Good command over Marathi, English and Hindi- both written and oral.
8. Strong communication, facilitation, liaison and motivation skills
9. Excellent documentation skills, including report writing, case studies, newsletters etc.
Education and Qualification:
Post graduate in Developmental Studies, Social Work, Social Sciences or in related fields.
1. Atleast 3-5 years of experience of working with Livelihood programs
2. Outreach and community based work experience is highly desirable
3. Experience in communications and advocacy is desirable.
4. Experience in facilitating livelihood training is desirable
5. Experience in working with multiple stake holders is essential; mainly training partners, NGOs, District administration, other government training agencies and international NGOs.
Position: Block/City Coordinator – (Training)
Contract: One year and will be renewable based on organizational requirements
Documents Required: Interested candidates are required to submit their CV, a statement of purpose (no longer than 1 page) and a note on the below mentioned topic not exceeding 1000 words:
To examine the benefits of National Skill Development and Entrepreneurship program for informal sector workers (include laborers, naka workers, migrant workers etc.). Additionally share observations and recommendations.
Due to large volume of applications received, we will not be able to inform all applicants individually. Only those candidates that have been shortlisted for an interview will be contacted. Furthermore applicants are requested to mention their expected salary along with their application.
The email ID for applicants is: email@example.com