Northeast centre for Equity Action on Integrated Development (NEAID) is a registered non-profit organization based in Guwahati working in Northeast India with focus on Health and Education. NEAID invites applications for its Whole School Transformation Programme Called “Akikaran”. Akikaran envisions revolutionizing schools in the Northeast so that every child has access to a joyful and value driven quality education.
SCHOOL TRANSFORMATION AND EMPOWERMENT CONSULTANT
Roles and Responsibilities
- Own the implementation of Akikaran intervention schools.
- Design, develop and implement engagement plan in consultation with Advisor/ Project Head.
- Stakeholder relationship management (teachers, government, community, children)
- Documentation and reporting of progress, outcomes, gaps, best practices, on ground case studies in consultation with advisor and team.
- Supporting and facilitating school culture
- Prepare interventions and controlled trials based on data collected and analyzed
Education and other qualifications
- Minimum education qualification – Graduate from a reputed institute
- A degree in education will be preferred
- Experience in classroom teaching or any other relevant experience in government relations/set-ups , school leadership, teacher development, community engagement, child engagement will attract higher remunerations and benefits
Desired Competencies and skills:
- Creative with working with children. Managing teaching and learning process of children
- Passionate about working with children and in school education
- Believer in the power of small change
- Patience, perseverance and humility to work in rural areas
- Willing to adapt to different cultures and eco- system
- Willingness to learn and have to attend workshops
- Effective project management and time management skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English
- Proficiency in Assamese will be an added advantage
- Proficient with Microsoft Office tools
- Strict adherence to timeline is necessary.
Competitive Remuneration will be based on qualification, experience and performance.
Interested candidates are requested to send the given below documents to firstname.lastname@example.org by COB 10th March’2017 with subject line “School Coordinator_ Akikakran”
- Letter of Motivation/ Cover Letter
- Curriculum Vitae(CV)