Opportunity with Dakshin’s Marine Turtle Programme
We invite applications from prospective candidates for a post coordinating the marine turtle research and conservation projects executed by Dakshin Foundation. The project also has established and helps coordinate the activities of the Turtle Action Group (TAG), a network of over twenty non‐governmental organisations from around India, working towards the conservation of sea turtles as well as coastal and marine habitats.
Roles & responsibilities:
• Coordinate the activities of all marine turtle research and conservation programmes of Dakshin Foundation and facilitating the functioning of the TAG
• Maintain existing grant proposals and assist in the preparation of reports for the programme
• Assist in the organization of TAG meetings and workshops
• Assist in the preparation, development and distribution of educational material
• Update and maintain websites related to the network
• Maintenance of accounts and administration, including preparation of financial reports
A Masters degree in any branch of Natural or Social Sciences, with 1 – 2 years experience in project management. The candidate should have an interest in conservation and education. Excellent communication skills are a priority. Applicants with experience in education and outreach programmes will be preferred. Knowledge of Indesign, Photoshop, Illustrator and Website (WordPress) and content development skills will be an added asset.
Remuneration: Depending on qualifications and experience, in line with our internal standards
Location: This is largely based in Bangalore but will involve some travel to project sites to interact with TAG members.
To apply, submit a brief CV along with a cover letter (not exceeding one page) summarising why you would be a suitable candidate for this position. Candidates are also required to provide the names of two referees along with their contact details in the CV. Please email your application to Muralidharan Manoharakrishnan, Programme Officer, Dakshin Foundation (email: firstname.lastname@example.org and cc: email@example.com) on or before 15th February 2017.
This position will be filled as soon as a suitable candidate is identified; interested individuals are therefore requested to apply immediately.