IndiaGoverns is looking for a passionate “Development Data Analyst”, reporting to Project Manager, to turn data into information and information into social impact insights. Data Analyst will be based in Bengaluru and will conduct full lifecycle activities to include data collection, data cleaning, data validation, develop analysis, reporting capabilities, and quality checking of the output to identify improvements. The work is focused on various data released by Indian government agencies like Census of India, Child Development, Water & Sanitation, Health etc.
Collect data from various government sources
- Data cleaning and validation by creating summaries and comparison reports
- Interpret data, analyse patterns and provide ongoing reports
- Support Senior Data Analyst in analysis methodology and report designing
- Work closely with Project Manager in ad-hoc analysis, reporting, and report release event logistics
- Perform mapping exercise to assign MLA/MP constituencies for every administrative unit like village, Gram Panchayat, Hobli etc, using multiple data collected from sources like Election Commission, Local Government Directory etc.
- Quality assurance of data analysis completed by others in the team
Two years of proven working experience preferably data; Experience in socio-development sector is a plus
- Strong knowledge and experience with Microsoft Excel is a must; knowledge of Microsoft Access, and SQL. Any other data expertise is welcome (such as knowledge of R, Python and Perl)
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organise, analyse, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy
- Fluent in English. Kannada proficiency is a plus
- Minimum of Bachelors in Engineering or Mathematics or Statistics or Economics
- Travel: At least 15% of the travel, majority of which will be in Bengaluru metro area. Work related travel cost will be reimbursed
Remuneration: Will be competitive. Details will be discussed in person.
To Apply: Send your resume, cover letter and work samples (if any) to Veena Ramanna at <email@example.com>
IndiaGoverns Research Institute was started in 2009 with a prestigious Echoing Green fellowship with an aim of:
- Making the development discourse between elected representatives and citizens better informed and backed by specific data, rather than only relying on perceptions;
- Enabling citizen groups and elected representatives to use such government data to strengthen their demands for greater government intervention on development issues relevant to them.
IndiaGoverns is based out of Bengaluru and is run by a team of four. We are advised by a highly regarded board of trustees including Dr. Vinod Vyasulu. We access data from government sources and reorganise them according to MLA / MP constituency boundaries. The reorganised data is analyzed and summarised in short, easy-to-understand reports. These reports are shared with a wide range of stakeholders including elected representatives, citizen groups and media. This has been published by various leading newspapers. These are also available in the website (indiagoverns.org) with tools for interactive comparisons.