SWACH BHARAT MISSION (GRAMIN)
To accelerate efforts towards achieving universal sanitation coverage and to focus on sanitation, the Prime Minister of India launched the Swach Bharat Mission on October 2, 2014. As the Trusts’ objectives are aligned to national objectives and with a view to provide facilitation support to states / districts for effective implementation of Swach Bharat Mission (Gramin), the Trusts have joined hands with Government of India as a Development Support Partner (DSP).
With a view to provide support to District Collector / District Development Officer (DDO) for effective implementation of the Swach Bharat Mission (G); the Trusts would recruit motivated professionals as Swach Bharat Prerak (SBP) and depute it at district level.
The candidate would be deputed with District Collector or District Development Officer (DDO) who is in direct in-charge of the Swach Bharat Mission (Gramin) programme. Key responsibilities are:
- Provide coordination, management and monitoring support to the district teams for effective implementation of the Swach Bharat Mission (G). Key tasks such as: (i) Develop District level Action Physical & Finance plan for SBM (G); (ii) Support in putting in place monitoring mechanism, quality supervision protocols; (iii) Monitor and analyze MIS data and support in developing decision support mechanism.
- Provide support for development and roll out of the Behavioral Change Communication (BCC) strategy, with a focus on sanitation & personal hygiene issues;
- Provide support for developing training and capacity building plan with a focus on Community Led Total Sanitation (CLTS) approach and social behavioral change communication (SBCC) to various stakeholders and oversee implementation of the same;
- To support the district for the development and implementation of a strategically well focused district level sanitation plan and monitor outcomes of the same through implementation of the work plan.
- Coordinates with the all stakeholders including the state and block level teams and inter-sectoral government departments
- Assist in data collection, management and analysis and feed in to the decision support mechanism
- Developing linkages and networking with various stakeholders such as the Government departments, Civil Society Organisations, etc. and
- Project monitoring and evaluation, report writing, impact assessment, developing benchmarking, etc.
The candidate should:
(i) possess a Bachelors/ Master’s degree in Rural Management / Development / Planning;
(ii) Have working experience of handling any social / rural development projects for at least 2 years. Working experience with government organisations would be an added advantage.
(iii) Demonstrated capabilities of leadership and institutional development experience;
(iv) The ability to innovate future strategies and deliver, in a challenging environment;
(v) Have a good command of spoken and written English and local regional languages; and
(vi) Possess excellent computer skills, interpersonal, analytical and writing skills and ability to work as a member of a team.
(vii) have direct experience of programme monitoring and evaluation for at least 5 years;
Duration: 11 months (short-term assignment contract)
Location: Districts of Bihar, Jharkhand, Odisha, Andhra Pradesh, Karnataka
Compensation: Rs. 40,000 to Rs. 50,000 per month.
Please send CVs of interested and qualified candidates to email@example.com.