Job Title: Project Coordinator
Reporting to: Ms.Meera Ramchand – Vice President
Summary: The Association For The Mentally Challenged (AMC) is piloting a project Aadyam to extend its services to individuals with IDD who are living in rural areas and empower their families. The goal of the project is
- To improve the quality of life for these individuals,
- Ensure an easier access to the various services available for these people
- Raise awareness on Mental Health issues and the problems faced by the families of those with IDD.
AMC is seeking to appoint a Project Coordinator assigned with the following duties.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Programme planning and implementing the interventions and monitor their effective
- Translating the interventions in to local Kannada language
- Implementing the interventions and effective monitoring of the same
- Liaising with voluntaries, NGOs, Schools, Asha health workers, GPs, students and etc.,
- Manage own research and administrative activities, with required guidance
- Use research resources, discussions and workshops as appropriate
- Writing the reports of other research work if necessary
- Travelling across the project area
- Provide support to the team through assessment, planning, monitoring and documentation and coordination with AMC and enable meeting the timelines.
- Share within the team the lessons and knowledge of thematic approaches, particularly after a detail study of the sufferings of the families of the individuals with IDD.
- Ensure close collaboration and coordination with diverse group of professionals and volunteers and various stakeholders in the field
- Provide guidance and support to AMC staff members in assessing the context and needs in planning, implementing activities, monitoring and reporting
- Responsible for overseeing the development and execution of project deliverables, lead project planning, budgeting, action plans and monitoring processes.
- Responsible for submitting activity reports, meeting minutes and financial reports on regular basis in coordination with the Research Team.
- Employs resourcefulness in project design, implementation and monitoring. Trouble shoots project problems. Identifies and implements creative solutions.
- Responsible for any other project related assignment/work as the Project develops
- Ensure project activities comply with the policies and regulations of AMC